• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    South bound rt4 in that little old strip shopping center,, pretty much opposite of Waysons Corner,, There is a new sign up on one of the stores in the strip "Gun Box"
    Google says opens in June.

Anyone have the low down on this place ?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    It’s on the Service Road parallel to Rte 4 South. The little shopping center with Porky’s BBQ and convenience store. It’s actually in same space as old gun shop that closed years ago, if you remember it.

The sign has said “Coming this Summer” for quite awhile. If there’s an update to saying June, that’s within two weeks. I tried to peek in when waiting on BBQ food, but it has mirrored front glass. About the only thing I could make out was a big US flag on back wall.

I drive by the area sometimes, where is it in relation to Tractor Supply?

Sent from my SM-T733 using Tapatalk

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    It’s on the Service Road parallel to Rte 4 South. The little shopping center with Porky’s BBQ and convenience store. It’s actually in same space as old gun shop that closed years ago, if you remember it.

The sign has said “Coming this Summer” for quite awhile. If there’s an update to saying June, that’s within two weeks. I tried to peek in when waiting on BBQ food, but it has mirrored front glass. About the only thing I could make out was a big US flag on back wall.
    Yup,, On the South Bound side of 4,, TSC is "IN" Waysons on the NB side.

The old "Hunting/Fishing" store closed about 15-18 years ago.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    That store was great until the owner died. My understanding is his wife tried to run it afterwards but they sold off the inventory piecemeal until there was nothing left. I would have been great if they could have simply sold the business as-is because it had a great setup for live bait as well as the fixtures and cases for the firearms trade.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Best of luck to them, like our place, visibility isn't great - unless you're looking for it.

Hope they invest in good security measures, could see it being a tempting target for the locals.

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    Any C&R stuff, or all modern? And did you see an large rifle primers?
    Looked like mostly modern firearms I didn't pay much attention to primers and stuff I picked up some ammo had a few BP rifles Traditions Buckstalker for $325.00. I did hear someone ask about a handgun and he said he'd take like $25 or $30 off. Pretty lady working the register, that's always a plus.

jeman022004

Dec 15, 2013
    I stopped by this week. Employees were great to deal with. I know I paid more than the big online distributors for ammo, but it wasn’t outrageous and I like supporting local businesses. Just keep in mind that you can’t walk right in. The store front windows and the front door are one-way mirrored and the front door lock is controlled by a button behind the counter. If they are busy they may not see you right away at the door to let you in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom