• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slimm2

Jan 1, 2013
    GAITHERSBURG
    I have recently got back into reloading and I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good gun cleaner. I am using lead projectiles

TrevorWills

May 20, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Carbuerator Cleaner works ok but you have to be careful on what all it gets on as it can deteriorate some plastics as well as wood had that happen to an old .32 I was working on and it melted the plastic grips. Good thing I was replacing them anyway.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Eezox is really all I use on my guns. Cleans, lubes (dry), and prevents rust better than any other product I've used. Hard to find as it's not a huge company. I get mine off ebay. 4oz lasts me about a year give or take depending on how much I shoot.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Blue Wonder for one solvent all-around for me. I like it because it has no lubricant or protectant in it and it literally removes everything including petrols, although if you want an all-in-one, it isn't always the best choice for this reason (I like it because I then use the fluoropolymer lube I want in the quantity I want to reduce fouling).

I know a lot of rifle guys use some of the foaming cleaners such as Wipeout and speak highly of it. And as others have mentioned, CLP-Breakfree is great stuff. And I've heard nothing but praise about Eezox. If it is a gun you do not shoot a lot, there are speciality cleaners/preservatives designed for this purpose that seem to be desirable over other all-in-ones (one is made by CLP-Breakfree people and I've heard it is well worth the money).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom