• Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    That depends HOW you clean them more than IF you clean them.
    That why I use chemical solvents that aren't corrosive & are ammonia-free & minimal brushing.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    View attachment 448061
    It seems like you could've simply answered his questions. Even just something like mentioning hk's use of a fluted chamber, or the different sealing properties of steel cased ammo, would likely suffice to argue against that guy.

You're an educator, so I'm sure you have learned to detect when people are honestly seeking your advice, when they are trying to debate, and when they are just dragging things out. I'm not always right about peoples intentions, but it's served me well, especially when I have a history with someone.

I'm not going to continue on about a subject when I feel it's a waste of time. If I feel they are genuinely seeking advice I'll gladly help.

There are many posts here on MDS where I have discussed maintenance and cleaning of the AR, and other firearms, and it hasn't changed much.

I have stated my opinion and expanded on my background.

Someone he trusts has different advice. I told him to follow who he trusts.

Some take any opportunity they can try and bait me. It won't work.

I honestly wish you well Smokey.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    You're an educator, so I'm sure you have learned to detect when people are honestly seeking your advice, when they are trying to debate, and when they are just dragging things out. I'm not always right about peoples intentions, but it's served me well. Especially when I have a history with someone.

I'm not going to continue on about a subject when I feel it's a waste of time. If I feel they are genuinely seeking advice I'll gladly help.

There are many posts here on MDS where I have discussed maintenance and cleaning of the AR, and other firearms, and it hasn't changed much.

I have stated my opinion and expanded on my background.

Someone he trusts has different advice. I told him to follow who he trusts.

Some take any opportunity they can try and bait me. It won't work.

I honestly wish you well Smokey.
    Fair enough. I wish you well too. I've learned a lot from you over the years and was looking forward to your rebuttal of that "oil in the chamber causes bolt failure" argument.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    That depends HOW you clean them more than IF you clean them.
    That why I use chemical solvents that aren't corrosive & are ammonia-free & minimal brushing.
    I use the Glock-supplied brush/plastic rod for just a couple passes and then it's straight to cleaning patches.

Hoppe's No. 9 Gun Bore Cleaner and Hoppe's No. 9 Lubricating Oil.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Sounds fine to me. I wasn't actually "getting at you" but responding to the guy who can't be bothered to clean because his life is too full. If I didn't have health issues I'd still be using Hoppes.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    If I didn't say anything inaccurate what's the beef?

Who said anything about being butt-hurt?

you seem angry or something. It is all good. Everyone does their own thing. Unless I shoot my .22s and mosin with corrosive stuff, I tend to not clean every time I shoot. Maybe clean on the outside but not bore snake or patch or clean the BCG Trigger group etc. If I shoot a lot then maybe. I tend to let it go for a little bit.
    It is all good my friend. Actually, I may not shoot as much as you do.. Have not been shooting much lately. I need to get to IWLA in Damascus soon to get sponsored.

With your posts in the past I do like the cut of your jib. So no hard feelings from me.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

8bdbec.jpg

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    you seem angry or something. It is all good. Everyone does their own thing. Unless I shoot my .22s and mosin with corrosive stuff, I tend to not clean every time I shoot. Maybe clean on the outside but not bore snake or patch or clean the BCG Trigger group etc. If I shoot a lot then maybe. I tend to let it go for a little bit.
    It is all good my friend. Actually, I may not shoot as much as you do.. Have not been shooting much lately. I need to get to IWLA in Damascus soon to get sponsored.

With your posts in the past I do like the cut of your jib. So no hard feelings from me.

It's all good, friend.

giphy.gif

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    My rimfire pistol gets a wipe down and a snake through the barrel. My CZ 457 gets a wipe down and the bore gets left alone for the meantime.
    All of my revolvers get a good cleaning and a wipe down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom