• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    dunno if its a true stat but 50% of stolen guns are taken from cars. I cringe at ppl who do that when the building they're going into isnt firearm prohibited.

Considering the increased car thefts and window breaking all over the country and even in my own neighborhood in pompous bethesda i wouldn't even leave a shitty bersa in the car. The thought of it possibly being used on a fellow good person or me down the road is enough for me not to do it.

Whats the gun in the lockbox gonna do when you're pumping gas?

****I have seen a holstered gun sitting in the passenger seat of someone's car, engine running, as the guy runs into the store to buy coffee... :sad20:

Some people are just dumb as rocks.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    ****I have seen a holstered gun sitting in the passenger seat of someone's car, engine running, as the guy runs into the store to buy coffee... :sad20:

Some people are just dumb as rocks.
    criminals love guys like this. A running car and a free gun...

Watched one of my contractors express vans get stolen last christmas eve in rockville late morn as he left it running just outside the door. Oh! and it was light snow. Found in downtown silver spring 3 weeks later in good order no keys.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    So, why would you want to do this?
    I get the OP's interest, I think. Like a truck gun. It would be convenient to have a loaded pistol in a fairly secure locked box inside my car 24/7...along with the usual car stuff, like jumper cables, fire extinguisher, cell phone charger, etc.
    I might carry one on my person as well, but there would always be one in my car...just in case.

I dig it, in theory :shrug:

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I get the OP's interest, I think. Like a truck gun. It would be convenient to have a loaded pistol in a fairly secure locked box inside my car 24/7...along with the usual car stuff, like jumper cables, fire extinguisher, cell phone charger, etc.
    I might carry one on my person as well, but there would always be one in my car...just in case.

I dig it, in theory :shrug:
    I guess I don’t really get the concept. If I want to have a gun with me, I’d be carrying. But to each their own.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I guess I don’t really get the concept. If I want to have a gun with me, I’d be carrying. But to each their own.
    What about an AR in the trunk?

A handgun is nice, but if I’m in some shit, I’d prefer a rifle. I commute from Bel Air to South Baltimore…

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It could lead to the sort of negligent complacency that causes so many people to accidently take loaded guns through TSA checkpoints.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Parking lots of Post Offices, Schools, VEIP Test Stations, Courthouses, Government offices
    What else?

Otherwise, you seem to be saying a permit holder can't carry anywhere, or not enough places to matter.

And if Schrodinger has a locked box marked "cat," who knows what's in it?

Yup - that's my message. You have to understand that my perspective is exactly that. I work from home and go out to watch my daughter's games. They are always at schools so can never carry there. Also go out to ref - not going to carry there since I won't carry while running and won't leave it unguarded in my bag. I also play tennis - all only at schools. 80+% of my life is at places where I can't or won't carry.

The only time I can really carry is when I go to restaurants or bars. If I'm drinking, I don't carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom