• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    If this is a factual article (and I doubt that it is), this would sum up the concerns of most responsible firearms owners:

McCarthy asked how individuals could find out if they are on the high priority surveillance list to which Hunsaker responded, “Have you applied for or purchased a firearm in the United States between the years of 1999-2016? If so, then you are on this list.”

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    "High Priority" tell me how in the **** they can keep surveillance on the millions of gun owners in the United States, they can't even keep track of the terrorist cells here. That would be just about impossible to keep an eye on gun owners, but I'll keep an eye out for them just incase.;)

They can. One of the DHS founders (last name something like Haney) has been on various national radio shows and Sean&Frank on WCBM talking about how OPhucker ordered all Muslim-related info (who's who and affiliated with what group) scrubbed starting in 2009. "We" had the info, but our Muslim in Chief had them throw it all away.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    "High Priority" tell me how in the **** they can keep surveillance on the millions of gun owners in the United States, they can't even keep track of the terrorist cells here. That would be just about impossible to keep an eye on gun owners, but I'll keep an eye out for them just incase.;)

Yeah. This. Am I concerned, in general, of increased, pervasive surveillance? Yeah. Am I worried that because I'm a gun owner, that I'm all of a sudden going to have a team of agents, or satellite dedicated to following me? Not a chance in hell!

n1hook

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    The ultimate secret informant. Congress forbids the ATF from compiling lists of gun owners,why is NSA getting away with this? transparency? Does Congress control/exercise oversight over any agency or they just do what they want?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Pretty sure NSA does whatever they want and we are all on their lists on servers somewhere If Congress or the courts find out later who cares. Sort of like driving down the middle of the centerline when there are no cars coming the other way

But I am pretty sure this story is generally based on non-facts

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The ultimate secret informant. Congress forbids the ATF from compiling lists of gun owners,why is NSA getting away with this? transparency? Does Congress control/exercise oversight over any agency or they just do what they want?

It's a hoax.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    They can. One of the DHS founders (last name something like Haney) has been on various national radio shows and Sean&Frank on WCBM talking about how OPhucker ordered all Muslim-related info (who's who and affiliated with what group) scrubbed starting in 2009. "We" had the info, but our Muslim in Chief had them throw it all away.

I just hope he didn't mention backups... :D

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    O'Reilly did an interesting story last night showing The MIC dressed in Muslim garb at a relatives wedding.

Nothing to see here though.

move along

Attachments

• obama1.jpg
      obama1.jpg
      18.6 KB · Views: 198
    • obama2.jpg
      obama2.jpg
      15.1 KB · Views: 201
    • obama3.jpg
      obama3.jpg
      70.2 KB · Views: 196

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Pretty sure NSA does whatever they want and we are all on their lists on servers somewhere If Congress or the courts find out later who cares. Sort of like driving down the middle of the centerline when there are no cars coming the other way

Nope, so far off the mark it isn't even funny. Although I do enjoy watching the ill informed masses speaking on a subject they know nothing about, while thinking they are the expert. Here is a hint, FISA Section 702. Read it, know it, love it. After you read it and understand it, then you might understand the limits that are placed on NSA, CIA, and other intelligence gathering agencies, in regards to American citizens, while those agencies operate against FOREIGN powers.

But I am pretty sure this story is generally based on non-facts

I know 100% that is is based off of made up info, using BS sources, and overall the story might have 1% truth in it and that is why it appears valid on it's face.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Nope, so far off the mark it isn't even funny. Although I do enjoy watching the ill informed masses speaking on a subject they know nothing about, while thinking they are the expert. Here is a hint, FISA Section 702. Read it, know it, love it. After you read it and understand it, then you might understand the limits that are placed on NSA, CIA, and other intelligence gathering agencies, in regards to American citizens, while those agencies operate against FOREIGN powers.

Since you mentioned it, what is sacrosanct about FISA Section 702, when every federal rule, code, statute, and even the United States Constitution are routinely construed by bureaucrats, agencies, and courts to mean exactly the opposite of their plain meaning, if not violated with impunity every day?

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012

Because, you know, the federal government is the most law-abiding entity of them all. Why, it's thanks to the law-abiding nature of the people in government that we haven't had any scandals in the executive branch, nor any anti-Constitutional decisions from the courts, nor any un-Constitutional laws passed by the legislature.

After all, government entities do the right thing even when there are no real consequences for doing otherwise. The courts have been a shining example of that, consistently issuing decisions that uphold the Constitution even though they could get away with deciding things according to their preferences.

Yep, our government is a shining beacon, a stalwart example of how things should be done.

Right?

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom