• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockGuy

Mar 15, 2007
    Edgewood
    Has anyone come across any useful gun related apps in the iTunes App Store?

I found two that I have been using for a little while now:

Gun Toolbox – App for inventorying your firearms collection and ammo supply. I find the most useful feature of this app is the ability to see exactly how many rounds of any given caliber I have, so I know what ammo I’m low on if I’m at a gun show or see ammo on sale. You can also do other useful things like set maintenance alerts, export your list in the event of a theft, limit access via a 4 digit PIN, and see how much you’ve spent on guns and ammo :eek: The full version is $4.99; the lite version (free) is useless unless you just want to try out the user interface.

Modern Weapons: Small Arms – This app is an encyclopedia of modern small arms and covers all of the major categories (handguns, rifles, shotguns, NFA stuff, etc.). This app is by no means a complete list of all firearms, but they do have info on around 800-900 different firearms. I’ve used it as a reference a few times, so it seems like it’s worth the $0.99 price of the app to me.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Your comfortable putting your entire GUN INVENTORY into the *CLOUD* for anyone to access. Why would you want the .gov to potentially know EVERY gun and how much ammo you have.

Pass this guy some tin foil.

I have inventory of my firearms and their serial numbers in a few secured locations. I dont know if I'd put it on my cell phone though.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I would make use of this one, I think

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Jailbreak your iphone...$4.99 is a bit steep.

Not sure if this is going into a 'cloud'. I think this is locally stored on your phone.

GlockGuy

Mar 15, 2007
    Edgewood
    Your comfortable putting your entire GUN INVENTORY into the *CLOUD* for anyone to access. Why would you want the .gov to potentially know EVERY gun and how much ammo you have.

Pass this guy some tin foil.

I have inventory of my firearms and their serial numbers in a few secured locations. I dont know if I'd put it on my cell phone though.

Everything is local - I don't have anything on the "Cloud" :tinfoil:

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    if i recall correctly, someone here posted a thread on a really cool app for the iphone, where you clip the i phone to the scope of your gun and it shows you a clear picture without having to look straight through the scope. it also allows you to record your hunt as well.

SimonDanger

Apr 11, 2012
    Annapolis
    DC traffic everyday - yep no doubt...:innocent0

:lol::lol2:

Yup, DC traffic.... had the pleasure of it yesterday going in on 50 to New York Ave... complete custer fluck. A little surprising too; you would think that people who live and work there would be better drivers, but you'd be wrong. :mad54:

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    There are a few tool related apps I find useful. One is a bubble level and a db meter. Gonna try the db meter with some before and after tests with the new can. Not as cool as some of the others, but helpful in various applications. Use the level for hanging pictures

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    + 1 on Small Arms. I've gotten other types but deleted them pretty quickly...none were that interesting. I saw one before with ballistics built in which was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom