• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    So my daughter has an all day volleyball tournament in Fredneck next Sat. Other the the Machine Gun Nest, are there any other places to check out?

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Three that come to mind right away are Gunrunners, Gun Center and Heritage Training and Shooting Center (Google will give you their addresses). But I must admit that I have not visited any of them in years. I have a membership at TMGN, so that is where I go to practice at the range.

I hope you have a good time both at the volleyball tournament and checking out the gun shops.

Cal68

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I've never heard anything positive regarding the Gun Center and have steered clear because of it. OP, if you've got all day free and and additional 35 minute drive is possible, Hafer's in Clear Spring may be an option. Their WV shop is within 15 minutes of the original shop as well for all of your standard capacity magazine needs.

2A Guns and Ammo opened up a new location relatively recently in Frederick. I've stopped at their original Martinsburg, WV location, but haven't had the chance to check out the new location.

Last edited:

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Gun Center is OK if you deal with the manager…he’s a good guy and will work with you. If you end up dealing with the owner…you’ll walk out pissed off.
    I haven’t been in there for a while, but I agree with what you said.

I like heritage, and 2A guns and ammo, and of course Gunrunners. Bob At gunrunners is a great guy with great prices, but odd hours.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Cool. I'm looking at/for things I can't seem to find around here (S. PG)...used lever guns, milsurps, bolt guns, sporterized rifles (yeah, I know...kinda weird, but that stuff is intriguing me now), a Ruger RAR in 5.56....

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Gun Center is OK if you deal with the manager…he’s a good guy and will work with you. If you end up dealing with the owner…you’ll walk out pissed off.
    They’re the ones that kept my Sig “hostage” for six weeks back in 2013 waiting for release authority. Never again. If you have the time try Hafers in Hagerstown. Great people to deal with. Also Antietam Firearms in funkstown. Another is Skeeters. Hit or miss with his hours.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Skeeters is great to deal with…but as you say…his hours are hit or miss. The gun store is a part-time gig for him plus much of his business is handling transfers for local auction houses and organization raffles.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    All the way up 194 at 140 you also have Bollingers in Taneytown. I used them many years ago when they were still operating out of his farm. They are now a brick and mortar store close to the mentioned intersection.

A lot of locals really like Gunnrunners on Patrick Street.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, it looks like the V-ball tournament is right around the corner from TMGN.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Date changed to Sunday. I hope some of these places are still open. Any good pawn shops?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I’m not aware of any pawn stores in Frederick that carry handguns. Long gun selection has always been hit or miss. I’ve found good deals at Cole’s Pawnbroker on North Market Street but that was a long time ago.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Date changed to Sunday. I hope some of these places are still open. Any good pawn shops?
    I'm pretty sure Heritage is open on Sundays, as is TMGN, but I would guess that the other gun stores are likely to be closed. Sorry my friend. You'll just have to make another trip to Fredneck just to visit the gun stores. But I think you will find a visit to Heritage to be interesting if you do go there on Sunday.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom