• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So around the time I turned 18, the Saiga SGL rifles started coming in. Then the sidefolders came in. All I wanted was to buy an AK-74M, but MD had to be dumb and require me to be 21. I turned 21 in the summer of 2013, but I didn't have the money to buy one right before the ban.

Since I moved to VA, I've been buying up AK deals I see. I found this one at the gun show with ugly furniture and a quad rail that had something on each side. I managed to haggle it down quite a bit, and have sold off the stuff that it came attached to. I happened across a set of Arsenal furniture that someone took off their SGL-21, so I bought it along with a Bulgarian cleaning rod and some screws. After all that, I have a good bit less money in this AK than it would have cost me had I got one at 18.

I finally got my genuine Russian AK, only took me six years. Now I just need to get the sidefolders AK that I wanted too.

IMG_20170106_160923_zpsr3umn32z.jpg

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have around $700 in the restored gun.

That is decent. My Bulgy AK 74 with plum furniture cost me around $725 or so... and then another $30 for a transfer. Mags were a rip off down in TX but when you need mags, you buy mags.....

Attachments

• ak.jpg
      ak.jpg
      127.1 KB · Views: 318

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    That is decent. My Bulgy AK 74 with plum furniture cost me around $725 or so... and then another $30 for a transfer. Mags were a rip off down in TX but when you need mags, you buy mags.....

An AK-74 is probably next. I want an SGL-31, but it will take me a while to hunt one down at a good deal. The prices on the genuine e Russian ones have gotten pretty crazy.

Someone actually offered me a brand new SLR-104-31 plus $125 cash for this, but I think I'd rather hunt for the SGL.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    An AK-74 is probably next. I want an SGL-31, but it will take me a while to hunt one down at a good deal. The prices on the genuine e Russian ones have gotten pretty crazy.

Someone actually offered me a brand new SLR-104-31 plus $125 cash for this, but I think I'd rather hunt for the SGL.

Big irony there. MSP just ruled the SLR104-31 as exempt from FSA2013 so cash and carry. Suddenly a whole bunch are showing up in MD gun shops. By extension, I expect that a bunch of AK-74M variants are soon to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom