• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Ultimate Member
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/16/hotels-warned-mumbai-style-terror-threat/

I keep seeing these BS speculative news stories from many different sources. Essentially they are saying some terrorists are going to attack "soft targets." Which means the terrorists are coming to shoot up a mall or something like that.

Well what if that happens? Ban all guns? No, the SWAT team or some other group is going to come and kill the terrorists with guns.

So why isn't the government saying, "the terrorists are coming, gun up America." Our troops are spread thin all over the world, so why not tell the citizens to defend themselves? Instead the government is doing just the opposite and restricting our ability to respond to terrorist attacks on soft targets. The government or someone in the media obviously knows something if they keep publishing these stories.

I want to know

- Isn't the most cost effective defense to terrorist attacks on soft targets an armed population?

- If you have a handgun and can stop a "terrorist" on the spot, wouldn't that make more sense?

- what is your opinion on these stories? Is it just me or is the media hyping this too much and providing ridiculous solutions such as:
    *Have the TSA at the mall
    *Body scanners everywhere
    *Give up all your semi-autos so the terrorists don't get you with them

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    If the .gov tells the citizens to arm themselves for self defense, it is admitting two things:

1) The terrorists won
    2) It was wrong about oppressing 2A rights.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    If the .gov tells the citizens to arm themselves for self defense, it is admitting two things:

1) The terrorists won
    2) It was wrong about oppressing 2A rights.

3. That it's promise to always provide and take care of the sheeple is a lie.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    3. That it's promise to always provide and take care of the sheeple is a lie.

Yep,

That 'providing for a common defense and ensuring domestic tranquility' part of the Constitution got turned into the Democrat's wet dream.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Why aren't lingerie models emailing pictures of themselves to me?

Some things just defy explanation.

Be careful what you wish for. I think that there is an ex-congressman who likes to do things like that, and he has alot more free time now!

ITG

Jan 26, 2011
    Frederick County
    I think that this has been happening increasingly over the last year or two. As police forces are seeing budget cuts local chiefs have gone to the news and told the citizens "We don't have enough money to protect this town, you need to arm and protect yourselves". I think the last one I saw was out in Ohio.

Is this what they are going to do in DC? The chief was on the radio yesterday saying that they are going to have a serious problem in about 4 years since 1/3 of the force will be eligible for retirement and she is unable to hire anyone due to budget issues.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Is this what they are going to do in DC? The chief was on the radio yesterday saying that they are going to have a serious problem in about 4 years since 1/3 of the force will be eligible for retirement and she is unable to hire anyone due to budget issues.

This has been the reality for a long time. Some officials are just stating to say it out loud. The chances of any law enforcement being in the right place at the right time to prevent someone from becoming a victim are pretty small. You can't depend on anyone else to protect you or your family.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    This has been the reality for a long time. Some officials are just stating to say it out loud. The chances of any law enforcement being in the right place at the right time to prevent someone from becoming a victim are pretty small. You can't depend on anyone else to protect you or your family.

I agree, My wife is talking for her b day she wants a pistol.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    "A major factor in determining how many people are harmed by these killers is the amount of time that elapses between when the attack starts and when someone with a gun is able to arrive on the scene."
    - John R. Lott Jr.

Terrorists love unarmed victims and today they most certainly know where to find them. Something must be done like maybe constitutional carry for all states, there is no doubt in my mind about that.

Here's a quote from someone who witnessed the Mumbai, India terrorist attacks where hundreds of people were shot and murdered by terrorists armed mostly with guns...

"There were armed policemen hiding all around...but none of them did anything...At one point, I ran up to them and told them to use their weapons.
    I said, "Shoot them, they're sitting ducks!" but they just didn't shoot back...I told some policemen the gunmen had moved towards the rear of the station but they refused to follow them.
    What is the point of having policemen with guns if they refuse to use them?
    I only wish I had a gun rather than a camera."
    - Sebastian D'Souza, Mumbai Mirror photographer who took photos of the attackers

predators2.jpg

We learned all this stuff hundreds of years ago and I hope we can re-learn it before there are more innocent victims of terrorism on American soil....

"...the peaceable part of mankind will be continually
    overrun by the vile and abandoned, while they neglect
    the means of self defense."
    - Thomas Paine

"The Constitution shall never be construed... to
    prevent the people of the United States who are
    peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at
    large is that they be properly armed."
    - Alexander Hamilton

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone
    who is able might have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - President Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being
    armed -- unlike the citizens of other countries whose
    governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    - James Madison

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective
    way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    We actually have a fairly accurate predictor of the government's reaction to what they perceive are random shootings by terrorists, the DC sniper.

First, look for early and continuous denial that the killings are done by anyone other than white males and any religious affiliation other than Christian.

Look for "public safety tips" such as "walk like a duck when you go to pay for your gas after filling up so you'll make a smaller target".

Look for public officials to dare the snipers to shoot a certain group like school children.

Look for the government to implore the non-shooting public to turn in the names and addresses of gun owners they feel don't behave normally, such as, they want to own guns.

Look for the government to visit gun owners and insist they voluntarily turn over their firearms for testing to prove they are not snipers. Also, if there is any resistance, to question the patriotism and public spirit-ness of the gun owner.

Last edited:
    Excellent assessment K31. All 100% true, every single one of those happened, multiple times. No reason to think the EXACT same thing wouldn't play out all over again, perhaps even worse, given that the TSA and DHS are now even more powerful and inept than they were 9 years ago...

The only thing responsible for catching Muhammed and Malvo was a leak to the media.

They knew who they were looking for for days.... Days. And they were content to let them go on shooting people until they finally stumbled upon them and caught them.

Someone on that "task farce" knew that this absurd strategy was going get more people killed, and so they leaked the info to the media - to Fox News and WTOP, and then every other outlet went with it.

Result?

They were IN CUSTODY 89 minutes later.

The task force was a complete and utter joke....

MD=What 2nd Amendment?

S&W Fanboy. I admit it.
    Jun 3, 2011
    Allegany County
    Essentially they are saying some terrorists are going to attack "soft targets." Which means the terrorists are coming to shoot up a mall or something like that.

This has already happened on Criminal Minds. Don't worry though Hotchner and Gideon will save us. Well not Gideon anymore but David Rossi now. The BAU will save the day. :innocent0

This is a constant for the government unfortunetely. Most of us are part of a "terrorist like organization" according to the FBI since we are members of a Civil Rights group called the NRA. :o

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    The government will never tell citizens to gun up. It would be tantamount to admitting that citizens don't need the government 24/365 for every aspect of life.

Yet, an armed citizenry will stop terrorists faster than an unarmed group of "targets".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom