• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juggernaut

Mar 3, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Another for the Smith and Wesson 22a. I sent it back for a recall on the slide.
    They replaced the slide and the barrell too. I thought all was well, until..........
    now the slide release lever does not function. And still it ftf, fte............
    what a PITA.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    AR-7's, I've had the Henry and a chinese copy. Both had horrible workmanship. The henry buttpad that held the parts in the stock on dissassembly cracked two days after I got it. Henry made me buy a new one. Yes, I said buy. The chinese copy failed to feed every round.

Had a NEF single shot .223 that couldnt hit a dime taped to the muzzle. I've had the survivor in .308 and it's okay.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Never bought a gun I didn't like, When I handle one before buying it just has to feel right if it doesn't no matter how pretty or if it's a great price I won't buy it. I won't buy over the internet because I can't handle it first.

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    Bought an M1 carbine,non GI can't remember the make though.Couldn't get it to fire more than two rounds before malfunctioning.No amount of cleaning,ammo or mag changes made a difference.Had it checked out and nothing appeared out of the ordinary.Took a big loss when I sold it,buyer was sure he could make it run,at last check still a dud.Have stuck with GI issue since. Bought a G17 can't say I hated it but wasn't impressed in the least.Found out with that gun that I'm not a fan of the 9mil round.Not saying dislike Glocks,had four at the time and still have one.Just don't own anything smaller than 40 cal anymore.Bought the G17 took it to the range fired it took it back to purchasing shop and traded it in towards an AR for the wife. One that I really hated was a Ruger .22 Single Six with the Magnum conversion.Bought used from a buddy,he got in a bind and needed the money.Couldn't get that gun to print anywhere near paper.Would have been better off throwing rounds downrange by hand.Kept it until my friend got finances straightened out and sold it back to him for what I paid for it.He was happy to get it back,even threw in a couple of bricks of ammo.If I would have known I couldn't hit anything with it I would have loaned him the money instead of buying the gun.Could have saved some money on transfers.Everything else has been good to me.

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    Jennings 380. Hated that gun.. Not only because I shot myself with it.

IAI M5000 I thought I'd love that gun, 1911 G.I. based, but I could never make it shoot right and rattled to high heaven when I carried it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't have any guns that I hate it, but I sure wish I could swap the 7.5" barrel on my Beretta Neos for a 4.5" barrel. The 7.5" barrel just makes it too hard to keep steady when aiming - very front-heavy - and adds a fair bit of weight to the gun. Beretta is being so coy about when replacement barrels will be available that I'm tempted to pick up a .22LR kit for my 226, just so the wife will have something more comfortable to shoot.

I was SHOCKED at hearing of people hating on the 10/22. Mine is a touch picky about ammo when using after-market mags, but it's amazing in every other respect. I've dumped more money into modifying the gun than I paid for it.

BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    My very first gun was a fairly nice (mechanically) Norinco SKS in a polymer stock. I bought it because I could (just turned 18) and the ammo was dirt cheap.

Problem is, I found it to be unreasonably big and heavy and I just didn't like shooting it all that much. I also decided that it would be a good idea to make a short list of calibers that I'd stick to (for economy), and 7.62x39 just didn't make the cut.

I sold it.

GUNGUY45

Jan 27, 2009
    Western Berks Co. Pa.
    AMT .45 Backup

I had one for a couple of years, The first round in the tube would always fire, but then when the action cycled the rounds "nosedived" and the thing jammed. I bought 3 mags(@$20.00 each) they all did the same thing.
    I played around with the feedlips, and it never changed anything.
    The trigger pull was very long, and 17# heavy.
    it had no sights, just a groove.
    But, it was about the smallest .45 acp gun going.

I ended up selling it to my brother, go figure.
    I don't know what he ever did with it.

CIGuy

Nov 4, 2008
    Aberdeen, MD
    Had a Taurus PT92 I bought in early 1993 that I couldn't shoot worth a damn. Thought it was me but noone who shot the gun could get groups better than 10 inches at 15 yds! Sold it 6 months later for quick cash (and a huge loss)at a gun show to a dealer I couldn't even remeber today. I feel sorry for whoever ended up with it.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Oh yeah and the Ruger Mark II because it's a REAL bitch to disassemble! It's a great shooter but there have been numerous people that can't break it down or put it back together. Granted some people love it but not me.

I took mine apart once. had a heck of a time getting it back together. That was about twenty years ago. I clean it the best I can other wise.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I had a Model 59 Smith & Wesson 9mm. 15 rounds down range, ten minutes trying to find the brass. It never put the brass anywhere close to the same spot. Sold it for what I paid twenty five years ago. Only gun I bought that I got rid of.

hunter3705

Jan 8, 2010
    Halethorpe
    I had wanted a Walther PPK for years, and I finally bought one about ten years ago. I took it up to range and the slide chewed the web of my right hand up like a meat grinder. I tried it a few more times, but the only way I could avoid it was by wearing gloves - which I don't ordinarily like to do when I'm shooting a handgun. So I ended up selling it.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I had wanted a Walther PPK for years, and I finally bought one about ten years ago. I took it up to range and the slide chewed the web of my right hand up like a meat grinder. I tried it a few more times, but the only way I could avoid it was by wearing gloves - which I don't ordinarily like to do when I'm shooting a handgun. So I ended up selling it.

My SCCY is uncomfortable to shoot as well....tried adjusting my grip....wearing gloves, etc......I'll hold onto it because it's my HD gun, but eventually I'll get something in a decent range gun. Money's too tight to look for anything now.

Coskibum

Dec 1, 2009
    Columbia, MD
    S&W Sigma 9vSe, terrible 9mm. I fixed the trigger and am still not looking forward to shooting it. 15 boxes of ammo and i don't want to take it out... any buyers?

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    i must say my brand new, 20 rounds fired through it, Henry lever action .22 LR is a BORING gun to shoot. Dunno, when I pulled the trigger my man danglies stayed limp and flacid. I will say that now that it is wearing a scope it may be more fun but I LOVE my savage 93g in .22 wmr...accurate to 150 and is just a blast to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom