• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Sell it and find an old 870 Wingmaster. :thumbsup:

When we were splitting up my Dad's guns with me and my sisters, they assumed that I wanted Dad's Remington 1100. Nope. I wanted the 870. To me it always balanced and pointed better than the 1100. My oldest sister snagged the 1100 because I think her late husband liked it. I've not once regretted grabbing that 870 over the 1100.
    Already got my own. Dad has the old 1100 and Wingmaster, both circa 1977-1979 IIRC. Grew up on those guns, love them both. I’ve already replaced the Nova for waterfowl and turkey with my own 870, 1100, and Versamax, so I can just park that POS Benelli in the safe. I may part with it some day, just hadn’t thought about it in a long time.

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    I had a buddy that wanted to almost give me a SS Ruger Single Six with both cylinders. I'm glad I shot it before doing the transfer. Not only being a .22 but also I couldnt get a group out of it. I'd have been better suited using it as a bludgeoning instrument. It was cheap to buy and shoot but glad I didn't. I'd have regretted it. Probably the only cheap gun I've ever passed on. It may have been me not the gun,watched my buddy do decent groups with it. Though truth be told he could take a pistol or rifle without sights and hit what he was aiming for.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Sad I bought: Century C39V2 pistol.

The plan was to SBR it but by the time I got around to buying it MD added the rifle by name to the list and ATF denied my Form 1. I was ok with it having the brace on it but now with them potentially going away the idea of it is no longer fun. I haven’t been able to bring myself to sell it. But I might talk to my LGS about potentially doing it.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I bought a Smith & Wesson Model 59 when they first came out. It never spit brass in the same location. It was a pain in the ass to collect the cases after shooting. I had it about a year and sold it for what I paid for it.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I bought a Smith & Wesson Model 59 when they first came out. It never spit brass in the same location. It was a pain in the ass to collect the cases after shooting. I had it about a year and sold it for what I paid for it.

LOL reminds me of last summer when I had the leaf guard filter on the rainspouts installed. The installer guy said it was full of 9mm brass. Luger shoots brass one way, up and over. :)

TEN-X

Aug 16, 2011
    Prince Frederick MD
    S&W 66's

Back in the 90's I picked up a 3" Mod 66 round butt. I worked for Dunbar Armored and carried it in a shoulder holster when I drove the Federal Reserve truck with 125 full power loads and 2 speed loaders. We only exited the truck in the facility. One of the vault guys saw it and kept hitting me in the face with money until I finally sold it to him. 2 years ago I replaced it with a Mod 65. I also had a 2.5" 66 I wish I wouldn't have sold.

teppou

Jan 20, 2014
    My brother in law and I each got new striker fired pistols. I’d never had a Glock before so I got a Gen5 19 MOS
    Terrible trigger, slide release feels cheap

Wish I did the same as my BIL and got the Sig P320 instead. It shoots and feels so much better in every way. Anyone recommend a decent trigger upgrade for my 19 gen5?

Kind of late seeing this... sorry about the Glock trigger. Have you tried the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 connector? It lightens and smooths things up quite a bit.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Funny how that works, I have no desire for a AR but like the SKS. :)

I had no desire for an AR until the Federal ban. And I was happy with the one, until MD worked on banning them. :D

I have never fired an SKS. My Dad has one, I should borrow it and take it to the range.

I have spend some time with an AK and find to have HORRID ergonomics and sights. Only thing good about it, is there are a LOT of them in the world.

That is why I spent some time with one. I was taking a carbine course, and the instructor (it ended up one on one) figured that since I travel internationally a lot, I should have SOME familiarity with them.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I had no desire for an AR until the Federal ban. And I was happy with the one, until MD worked on banning them. :D

I have never fired an SKS. My Dad has one, I should borrow it and take it to the range.

I have spend some time with an AK and find to have HORRID ergonomics and sights. Only thing good about it, is there are a LOT of them in the world.

That is why I spent some time with one. I was taking a carbine course, and the instructor (it ended up one on one) figured that since I travel internationally a lot, I should have SOME familiarity with them.

The SKS is crude but it's cheap crude much like a 5 peso date on Magsaysay Street........... (or so I've been told) :innocent0

PaFrank

Apr 2, 2020
    i won a Henry lever action in 22 mag. Very pretty gun but it grouped about as well as a shotgun with a skeet choke.. It went to Gunbroker..

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    Beautiful gun Big Bore 94 Winchester Lever .375 Cartridge.
    Proud to own, bought from Greg at REALCO circa 1979 but for whatever reason sold or traded it within 2 or 3 years of ownership.

I think I started seeing at that time ammo wasn't everywhere and I saw the writing on the wall. Paid 200 for it I think brand new, no idea what I got for it. :shrug:

Interesting what you started this off with. I ended up getting a Marlin 1894 on .357 Mag but would have loved to get a lever action in a middle bore rifle caliber if it were not for the lever action communities tendency to turn their nose up at every new choice of modest rifle caliber ammo that is released and a company makes a gun chambered for it which then gets kicked to the curb from lack of buyers and users of it. I really don't understand that.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Interesting what you started this off with. I ended up getting a Marlin 1894 on .357 Mag but would have loved to get a lever action in a middle bore rifle caliber if it were not for the lever action communities tendency to turn their nose up at every new choice of modest rifle caliber ammo that is released and a company makes a gun chambered for it which then gets kicked to the curb from lack of buyers and users of it. I really don't understand that.

Well it never really kicked off but it did pack a wallop. As I said earlier the 284 Winchester was wayyyyyyy more badass but it too never really caught on. I dumped that one too because ammo was and is both expensive and hard to come by. At least that one I bought for a song and made a few bucks on.

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    I would love to find a CX4 in good condition. They are not easy to come by.

Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe has one. I saw it today. Unless it sold in the last hour of the day it should be there when they re-open after the new year.

Last edited:

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe has one. I saw it today. Unless it sold in the last hour of the day it should be there when they re-open after the new year.

What are they getting for it? Like I said, I paid 200 at Realco from Greg including a box of slugs for it.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Well it never really kicked off but it did pack a wallop. As I said earlier the 284 Winchester was wayyyyyyy more badass but it too never really caught on. I dumped that one too because ammo was and is both expensive and hard to come by. At least that one I bought for a song and made a few bucks on.
    Even reloading for certain things becomes a challenge - everything from dies, to bullets and brass can be hard to find. Some guys are really into that kind of thing - owning and shooting oddball calibers and cartridges that you literally have to hand load for if you want to shoot it.

Personally, I like things that are more common. Even my Ruger Blackhawk in 41 magnum is a bit oddball, but not nearly as far out there as some.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Even reloading for certain things becomes a challenge - everything from dies, to bullets and brass can be hard to find. Some guys are really into that kind of thing - owning and shooting oddball calibers and cartridges that you literally have to hand load for if you want to shoot it.

Personally, I like things that are more common. Even my Ruger Blackhawk in 41 magnum is a bit oddball, but not nearly as far out there as some.

Truth is there probably is too many cartridges out there. Some might be great but how many here has ever owned a 357 Max, 2?

I regret buying a WASR-M (century AK pattern chambered in 9mm). I was on the hunt for a MD legal AK. The 74s were scarce and the 103 Klone hadn’t released yet assuming you’d be able to transfer one into Soviet MD under the “not a copycat” clause. So I impulsed the glock mag AK. Now I find myself rather having an AR10 or something better suitable in .308 for deer hunting than my old .30-30. Everytime I open the safe I’m reminded I could’ve put that money towards something more practical or useful instead of this F250 with a 4 banger AK. Oh well you live and you learn.

Last edited:

CursezZz

Jan 12, 2020
    Baltimore
    lets see... sad i bought: my first gun Gen 4 Glock 17, i should've shot more guns and gave more time on a Glock 19 before making a decision. when i was new to shooting (still kinda am) i felt the 19 had too much recoil... it doesn't, which is now why i own one after getting rid of the 17 because i have child hands and the glock hump in my palm didn't allow a great grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom