• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I bought a rifle about 2 years ago through the site. It was from a seller in TX. I had no issues, but I spoke to the guy a few times to see if he seemed legit and he was a verified seller.

It's no different than buying from ebay or any type of auction site. Do everything you can to make sure you aren't dealing with a sheisty seller.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I bought my Encore on there last year. It was a seller in Kentucky or something, the store was called "The General Store" which was kinda funny imagining it in my head. I had no issues other than the idiot who answered the phone to take my payment and FFL information didn't put me on hold and provided some color commentary to a co-worker about people calling and saying that they "won an auction."

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I have bought at least four guns through the site (off the top of my head) and my brother a couple with no issues. Generally the sellers are gun shops so no real worry about getting ripped off. If buying from an individual, there are ways to protect yourself from getting ripped off. If this is the case, PM me and I will explain what I have done in the past.

mcsurgeon

Jun 10, 2009
    catonsville,md
    in any gun website, if the seller has any contact #, call first. for availability of item. i have done transactions at gunsamerica, no problems at all. good luck.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    All good transactions, but...

...GunsAmerica (like Gunbroker.com and other similar sites) is only an intermediary. The quality of the transaction depends primarily upon the seller.

However, having said that, I have bought numerous items from sellers using GunsAmerica without a single glitch.:thumbsup:

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    Has anyone dealt with GunsAmerica?? If so, any issues?

At least with gunbroker, if you "win" the auction it is yours. If you go on gunsamerica and "buy now" it isn't necessarily yours yet...I have lost out in the past on items that way. So I consider gunsamerica to be the "red headed step child" of the two. I love Gunbroker, never had a problem.

:party29:

Disreguard last line in picture

Attachments

• redheadedstepchild.jpg
      redheadedstepchild.jpg
      30.6 KB · Views: 227

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have never made a purchase on GunsAmerica, but I have a friend that swears by them. He has made many puchase from this auction site and has had no issues.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I look at Gunsamerica once in awhile, but mostly I see more of what I am looking for on Gunbroker.

I always recommend using a USPS Money Order. Any fraud perpetrated with one is a federal crime investigated Postal Inspectors. Gunbroker points it out as the preferred way to pay.

I have a friend who is a Postal Inspector, he says its the coolest cop job in the world.

A guy I know had trouble with a seller of some boat race stuff ... he had paid with a USPS Money Order ... he called the post office and read them the money order info and guys with guns went around to the other guy's place and he shipped the parts out the next day. Guys with guns usually get people's attention. Sort of like having a cousin Vinny in every town :thumbsup:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    This is why i hate Gunsamerica and why i dont hardly ever go on that site.

GunsAmerica
    Thursday, Jan 19 06:28 PM
    Re:Question on Listing : Rare Albanian SKS

sorry, gun is sold
    ------------------------------------
    Original message,
    Date:Tuesday, 11/22/2011 at 8:05 PM
    Subject: Question on Listing : Rare Albanian SKS
    To: Guns and Gold Trading Post

Hi, can you send me pics of the albanian sks and tell me Is it all matching numbers on all the parts and what year is it dated.
    Thanks.

Dave W
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent back, well its only been two months since i asked you, so Big surprise.:rolleyes:

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I find GunsAmerica to be superior to Gunbroker. Typically there are not as many listings, but it isn't an auction. You don't play games, you pay what you see, or in some cases I have made offers under what is listed that have been accepted. It isn't a case of the seller is hoping a bidding war takes place so the price becomes inflated, or a "buy it now" price based on their unrealistic hopes. I have used both sites and GunsAmerica is superior in my opinion if you want to get a good deal.

exhumed

Dec 6, 2010
    frederick co.
    I have to disagree,just my opinion.They have buy it now on GB also .I actually like bidding and I have got some great deals.But yes some do go above and beyond was things are really worth at times and thats when I back away.To each his own I guess.Im still going to surf both sites to look for what I want anyway.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have not been lucky enough to have a seller on GA accept even a slightly lower offer. :sad20:

but I have on GB to my surprize :)

M1Abrams

Gunsmith/FFL Type 7 Manf.
    I am a seller on GunsAmerica and also a GunsAmerica Authorized Transfer Location. When dealing on GA always try to deal with 'Trusted Sellers' and check their Feedback, see how long the have been selling on GA, etc. Basically, DO YOUR HOMEWORK! there are a lot of reputable sellers out there and you can find some good deals. Also, as previously posted, it never hurts to make an offer for a lower price....all they say is no. GunsAmerica has come a long way in the last year and has more improvements to their site in the works. Good luck!!! Feel free to PM me if you have any ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom