• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMD354

Does anyone know where I can have my barrel swapped out on my old Mossberg 340 KA 22 S-L-LR. I purchased a barrel from Numrich, (even though the one that came is 6 inches shorter than the one that is on it now). I was hoping that it just screwed in and all I had to do was thread one off and put the other one on. It is pressed in and the bottom of both barrels have a notch where when seated the fitting that holds the stock to the action assures that it stays aligned. The fitting comes out easy but I couldn't get the barrel to budge. Before anyone says BNP in Essex, he told me that he didn't have the equipment to do it. Even though the barrel is shorter that doesn't matter, it's long enough. I know someone is thinking why bother but the thing is that I won this rifle from a buddy when I was 16. That was 43 years ago. My buddy has just passed away and I would like to get the rifle in working order in his memory. I live in Baltimore couny, Essex area.

Thanks

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Does anyone know where I can have my barrel swapped out on my old Mossberg 340 KA 22 S-L-LR. I purchased a barrel from Numrich, (even though the one that came is 6 inches shorter than the one that is on it now). I was hoping that it just screwed in and all I had to do was thread one off and put the other one on. It is pressed in and the bottom of both barrels have a notch where when seated the fitting that holds the stock to the action assures that it stays aligned. The fitting comes out easy but I couldn't get the barrel to budge. Before anyone says BNP in Essex, he told me that he didn't have the equipment to do it. Even though the barrel is shorter that doesn't matter, it's long enough. I know someone is thinking why bother but the thing is that I won this rifle from a buddy when I was 16. That was 43 years ago. My buddy has just passed away and I would like to get the rifle in working order in his memory. I live in Baltimore couny, Essex area.

Thanks

Try Scott's Gunsmithing, they are an IP and they might be able to do it for you. Chad might be able to tell you if they can since he used to work there as a gunsmith.

Paging Chad!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'll second that. They might still have a backlog to get thru at the moment, but for something like that, Scott's is the first place I think of.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have never changed the barrel on one of those so I have so advice. Best bet is to call Scott at Scotts Gunsmithing and see if he has the time to do it.

I will say that unless your sure the barrel is in spec it could be a wasted endeavor. MANY parts from Numrich unless they are factory are WAY out of spec, and getting them right takes a good bit of work/labor that can add up fast.

He is closed to day and tomorrow. Call after 10 PM on tuesday.

410-761-9815

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom