• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    What's an "assault-style weapon"?

Contrary to media representations, true assault weapons are M-16's and their select-fire bretheren. AR-15's and such are not true assault weapons. They are in the style of assault weapons, and function the same as traditional semi-automatic firearms. Only because they have such "evil" looking features such as bayonet lugs, pistol grips, adjustable stocks and so forth, they get confused by the antis like Feinstein and others as true assault weapons. In other words, I refuse to concede the point that AR's are assault weapons. We should all be that precise on the 2A side!

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    I would agree with this statement. I can hope that they would extend the "most common" argument over to MSR's for long guns, but cant count on it.

I would hope they extend the the argument to outside the home, im not thinking about the long guns right now as the cases before them have nothign to do with rifles

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Contrary to media representations, true assault weapons are M-16's and their select-fire bretheren. AR-15's and such are not true assault weapons. They are in the style of assault weapons, and function the same as traditional semi-automatic firearms. Only because they have such "evil" looking features such as bayonet lugs, pistol grips, adjustable stocks and so forth, they get confused by the antis like Feinstein and others as true assault weapons. In other words, I refuse to concede the point that AR's are assault weapons. We should all be that precise on the 2A side!

+1

Like I've said before, putting a spoiler and a Red Bull logo on my Focus doesn't make it a race car. Apply to a semi auto with pistol grip and flash suppressor.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    +1

Like I've said before, putting a spoiler and a Red Bull logo on my Focus doesn't make it a race car. Apply to a semi auto with pistol grip and flash suppressor.

Judging by the Hondas I see, you're doing it wrong. NOS sticker, air dam, and fart cannon, and you're a racer. Or ricer.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    No such thing as an assault weapon. This is a made up term by gun-grabbing liberal legislatures to apply to whatever weapon it is they want to ban at that time. Historically there are assault rifles, which as you said AR15s are not.

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    Personally I'll be glad if Gura does bypass the 4th circuit en Banc and head for SCOTUS. If what I read in this forum the circuit is already packed with OGL picks and the three-judge panel effectively ruled that the entire state of Maryland is one big sensitive zone outside your front door.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    I heard SCOTUS would hear it in two weeks.
    I heard that soon, people who continue to perpetuate the tired, stale, two-weeks mantra that was started at Calguns will be subject to unexpected and repeated wedgies from multiple strangers. :eek:

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    One of MOM's lines, that can cause a burning desire in me to nibble a pop-tart into the shape of either a gun or the letter "L", Is that these guns only belong on the battlefield.

My understanding that the only really useful, positive thing full automatic does is to set up an area that is reasonably safe from attack by the bad guys. Using the theory that if you put enough lead downrange, no one is going to expose themselves in any way. And in this case there is no such thing as too much lead in the air.

This then translates into a semi-automatic firearm not being able to do the one thing that is needed on a battlefield.

A semi-automatic firearm is by definition and practical function, not a battlefield tool.

Indeed, in MY personal opinion, to supply our Armed Forces in the battlefield, with a semi-automatic firearm is providing the bad guy with the advantage of being able to use suppressive fire, and not having to be exposed to it. Again in MY personal opinion, speaking for no one else, would be that this situation would be aid to the bad guys.

To even Nationally promote the idea of, or take pride in, the suggestion that a semi-automatic firearm, as a tool that we can provide to the Armed Forces in the battlefield, is at best, a very poor choice.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    What's an "assault-style weapon"?

I'm not sure, I have never seen one. I do own an AR-15 semi-auto rifle I use for defense and recreational shooting. But I do not know what an assault weapon is.

I do know what the Anti's love to call Assault weapons to make a group of guns seem like a bad thing. But I refuse to help them with their efforts by using that term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom