• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    Need some help on this one.

I am looking to pick up a H&K USP soon but I am having a hard time deciding between the two. The idea of wanting the compact is to keep the over all size of my collection the same so that (in theory) when I go from one to the other its a little easier to transition.. (Lets keep caliber, and ergonomics out of this hypothetical scenario - I like the feel of the H&K)

Does the size difference really translate into a lot of extra recoil? I have previously shot a Mark23 in .45 and that thing is huge.. (even bigger than my Colt 1911..), but I haven't had the priviledge of shooting the compact tactical in .45. About a week ago I was able to shoot a USP Compact in .40, and thought it wasn't bad at all in terms of recoil.

My issue is if I can find one (hypothetically) for a good price is it better to go with the full size or the compact (both in tactical - plans on adding a can later). Open to opinions.. (please try and keep it related to H&Ks though.. :party29:)

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
    In my experience the USPC45CT had a little more felt recoil than did the USP45T but was marginal. It certainly is smaller, and if you have smaller hands the USP45CT is the way to go. The Compact's sights are not the tall ones like the full size, so if you're running it suppressed the OEM sights won't clear the can. Both were much more manageable than the .40S&W in either configuration. Mags are different, ergonomics/controls are the same. I preferred the full size but it's all about you. Shoot both & see which you like more.

MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    In my experience the USPC45CT had a little more felt recoil than did the USP45T but was marginal. It certainly is smaller, and if you have smaller hands the USP45CT is the way to go. The Compact's sights are not the tall ones like the full size, so if you're running it suppressed the OEM sights won't clear the can. Both were much more manageable than the .40S&W in either configuration. Mags are different, ergonomics/controls are the same. I preferred the full size but it's all about you. Shoot both & see which you like more.

How much smaller as far as grip? Looking at the specs the regular USP is about an inch bigger in almost all aspects. I always thought the USP Compact was more of the traditional size (maybe a little bigger, and small in some respects.) than Glocks compact line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom