• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    I'm interested in purchacing a MP 5 in 22lr semi-auto. Hi says this rifle is basically identical to its full auto brother, just different caliber. I was wondering if a registered sear group from a regular mp 5 would fit this rifle. Seems like it would be a blast to shoot. Not to mention really cheap to feed.

Anyone know??

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, he's completely wrong. The GSG5 a .22LR straight blowback gun, the real MP5 is a roller-locked delayed-blowback 9mm. An HK sear is not going to fit it.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I'm interested in purchacing a MP 5 in 22lr semi-auto. Hi says this rifle is ba...??

So the other guys pretty much answered that. Were you really going to drop $16k on an sear for a 22LR MP5?

If you are interested in shooting 22LR FA, there are far cheaper ways. A M11 with a Lage Max22 upper would be about the cheapest. Sam from PS also has a Mac 22 kits out. That is the cheap way in. You can also get Uzi conversions, 10-22 sear packs and AM-180s out there that are far cheaper than MP5 sears!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well, maybe he already had the sear? I'd like to believe someone who owned a registered sear could figure this out for himself, but you never know.

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    Pretty new to the FA world. I didn't think it was possible. Just curious. I have seen some Mac 11s converted to 22lr. Maybe I will look into one of those

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Pretty new to the FA world. I didn't think it was possible. Just curious. I have seen some Mac 11s converted to 22lr. Maybe I will look into one of those

Most people don't buy FA guns based on 22s but this is the cheapest way:
    http://www.max-11.com/
    Plus a $3-$3.5K M11 and a long wait.
    You can also convert Uzis... which are $7K plus.... price goes up from there. Check out the AM15 upper: http://www.tacticalinc.com/am15-upper-receiver-p-420.html

You are welcome to come to one of our FA shoots at the AGC. We have several FA Macs running 22 kits from time to time. Last time I was out I shot 1100rds in 3.5hrs. A lot of fun.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I always kind of held the view that if you can't afford to shoot it, you can't afford to buy a machine gun. I don't have one and likely never will, because of that realization. Once you realize that 30-50 (or more) round magazines disappear in mere SECONDS, you should be able to see that shooting more than once or twice a year, you're going to exceed the cost of your weapon many times over.

Full auto is pretty useless IMO, even the military uses it mainly for covering fire. There's a reason they average over 100k rounds fired per enemy KIA.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I always kind of held the view that if you can't afford to shoot it, you can't afford to buy a machine gun. I don't have one and likely never will, because of that realization. Once you realize that 30-50 (or more) round magazines disappear in mere SECONDS, you should be able to see that shooting more than once or twice a year, you're going to exceed the cost of your weapon many times over.

Full auto is pretty useless IMO, even the military uses it mainly for covering fire. There's a reason they average over 100k rounds fired per enemy KIA.

Yes you are right, unless you are wealthy its not an every weekend shooter. Its not for everyone BUT if you like it the most fun you can have. I would rather put rounds through my MG08/15 in one day then a whole year of K98 shooting... With the intro of many 22 conversions, it really helps bring down the price. Last shot I shot 1100 rounds of 22LR which cost me under $50 for a day on the range... not bad and a ton of fun. Any gun that you don't shoot more money out of than it costs is a gun needing to be shot more!

FA firearms are far from useless. Actually they have clearly taken over as the most important type of individual soldier weapon in history. One shot, one kill works ok at times, no doubt. But ask Custer how those Trap doors worked against Indians with Henrys! Firepower wins battles. Suppression fire keeps their heads down and allows your guys to move in. Yes if you take people who don't know what they are doing with FA and put them up against a Sniper the sniper will win. However given equal sides, whoever can bring the most firepower to bear at the critical point will most often win. If you doubt this, go play paintball! Its not shooting but really does follow about the same rules of warfare. Bullets are cheap compared to lives and winning battles. If you could only have one firearm to go to battle with, given random conditions, you would want a FA Assault type rifle everytime!

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

Far from being useless, FA firearms are the standard for modern military small arms. No country equips their soldiers with small arms that aren't. The LMG is the backbone of every unit. Doesn't matter if takes 100k to kill one person if they all retreat because of the wall of lead in front of the. Kalashnikov said he want to design th ak becuase he saw fellow Russians getting crushed by Germans who would fire bursts where ever an enemy might be.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Far from being useless, FA firearms are the standard for modern military small arms. No country equips their soldiers with small arms that aren't. The LMG is the backbone of every unit. Doesn't matter if takes 100k to kill one person if they all retreat because of the wall of lead in front of the. Kalashnikov said he want to design th ak becuase he saw fellow Russians getting crushed by Germans who would fire bursts where ever an enemy might be.

I guess my statement was short. I understand it has a use... but for a civilian it's 100% "cool factor" as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it's just sour grapes. :D

I can't afford a MG so I don't drool over em. ;)

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I guess my statement was short. I understand it has a use... but for a civilian it's 100% "cool factor" as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it's just sour grapes. :D

I can't afford a MG so I don't drool over em. ;)

IMHO, the whole point to the 2nd Amendment is MGs in todays world. Thats why MG are not big fans of the NRA. They sold out the whole point of the 2nd in 1986 and Reagan signed it!

Also its not the cool factor... thats for Desert Eagles, SW 500s... FA is for the fun of shooting!

Also can you afford FA (more than likely). Its just that you would rather spend your money in other ways. I give up having a large gun collection to buy a few more expensive MGs. I give up shooting every weekend to shoot everyone once and a while and shoot a lot. If you want into MGs, I wrote a thread on it. For under $4k you can be in it with a nice gun. Go look at your gun collection. Add up the value and see if you don't get close or well over.

If you like FA, check it out more and make the jump. The first is the hard part! You think I ever thought I would have FA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom