• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arcticdc5

Mar 20, 2013
    Wonder if the lonely guy trying to scalp cases of PMC 5.56 for $850 actually sold any this weekend? :lol2:

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    There could have been more advertising, but there was a good bit of traffic when I was there. It was 5 bucks to get in, They have to charge some kind of entrance fee. I hope this show and the Martinsburg one do well and get get going, its a pain to drive to the bigger shows. Speaking of Martinsburg is that going to happen again?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    2 carbines for @ $950 or so. It's the guys from St James store if you don't get there today. There were more vendors there than I expected. I was shopping for ideas on making a peep sight for the kids 10/22. Saw a laser mounted in a front sight as well.

Had a good time with my 10yo who surprised a lot of sellers with his knowledge of guns (thanks to COD). Ended up with a Gadsen T-shirt and a couple stickers for the work tool box. Really a positive and fun experience. Only negative (other than paying to get a 5yo in) was the girl at the petition table got snippety when I told her I had no intention of signing and thought a petition about guns in this state was one of the dumbest things someone could come up with.

My wife didnt get snippety with many people. The only ones she did was the ones that made a bee line to our table to say how they don't like the idea of a referendum, hence defending herself which is her right . We convert a lot of people this weekend . Wish I was there ( must of been a smoke break) . The referendum for the death penalty was there sure you weren't telling her about the gun one?

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    My wife didnt get snippety with many people. The only ones she did was the ones that made a bee line to our table to say how they don't like the idea of a referendum, hence defending herself which is her right . We convert a lot of people this weekend . Wish I was there ( must of been a smoke break) . The referendum for the death penalty was there sure you weren't telling her about the gun one?

As I was walking by she asked if I was registered to vote. I saw the banner and didn't want to have a petition conversation while I was spending time with the kid so I kept it simple and said 'yep'. Then she asked if I wanted to sign the petition and my reply was that I didn't think a petition was a good idea in this state as I was walking away. Her reply was something along the lines of 'you'd wish you had voted when they come to get your guns' but I'd almost got out of earshot by that time so I'm not sure exactly what she said.

Death penalty petition is dumb because there's no point fighting for a law that no MD prosecutor will prosecute. The guy that murdered my grandma has been rotting away down on the Eastern shore since '84 and I hope he lives to be 100 and is miserable every day for his crime.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    It was my own fault for walking past the only Ruger 10/22 breakdown I've seen but I wanted to see the BGS and I'm terrible at making snap decisions. (one being the only gun on my list that doesn't need to go through MSP check)

I was looking at that one, but went for the wood carbine model. They knocked $20 off the marked price because I paid cash. Nice guys.:thumbsup:

null

Troll in training
    May 10, 2011
    Pasadena
    Sounds like I missed a decent show.

I still need to stock up on 7.62x54r, .45ACP, and .223/5.56 for summer range days.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    He dropped the price $100 a case and sold one. He was just the guy working the show not the owner of the booth.

Was it State Line from Emmitsburg? They have a TON of .223 in and are trying to get $750/1000rnds. Maby 2-3 months ago you could get that. But this market is on the down turn on a sliding scale and ammo is trickiling back in.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    What police presence, I was a vender toward the back and saw little. I only saw 2 reserve officers (no weapons) over the entire weekend. Even Saturday AM when shows are usually busy, I saw less people then I see on a Sunday, close to closing.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    As I was walking by she asked if I was registered to vote. I saw the banner and didn't want to have a petition conversation while I was spending time with the kid so I kept it simple and said 'yep'. Then she asked if I wanted to sign the petition and my reply was that I didn't think a petition was a good idea in this state as I was walking away. Her reply was something along the lines of 'you'd wish you had voted when they come to get your guns' but I'd almost got out of earshot by that time so I'm not sure exactly what she said.

Death penalty petition is dumb because there's no point fighting for a law that no MD prosecutor will prosecute. The guy that murdered my grandma has been rotting away down on the Eastern shore since '84 and I hope he lives to be 100 and is miserable every day for his crime.

First I want to say sorry about your Grandma. Her line was more than you heard she said if we lose in court and they come from your guns. Which is true. If this is ruled legal they will be coming and not just in this state.

Frogman,
    Was you standing inside the front doors to the left Saturday? I signed the petition there, said I would rather see it go to court but I would sign.

Nope , I was inside next to the guy with the stun guns , I will never have a bug zapper again :D

Jul 23, 2013
    MSI will be there... be sure to say HI.

Current thread here...

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=127275

Heck, I have a few of your pamplets and my father in law must have bent your ear for half an hour.:) Me I was looking for a Maryland Shooters table.... Tell's you everything you need to know about my reading comprehension.

I didn't walk away empty handed though as I got a very nice (price and quality)SKS that was begging me to take it home.:party29:

Are you folks going to be at Annapolis? I have questions regarding your pamplet?

Thanks!!!

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Not at Annapolis (though I will be trying to get us in some of that promoter's shows in the future).

We will be at LaPlata (Buck Wild) the 23-25th, and Howard Co. Fairgrounds next month.

If you have specific questions about the handout that aren't answered on the MSI website, feel free to start a thread in the MD 2A folder, and it'll be addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom