• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    It's great that MDS is the greatest internet news and research outlet, but when it comes to breaking news, can we please focus on getting it right, and not just 'right now'??

There isn't a prize for posting first, and not including anything more than "John Q did this" really isn't helpful. Neither is telling people to look it up themselves.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, as there are many examples and we've probably all been guilty to some degree, but it would IMO be a great help to the community, and avoid lots of WTH questions.

TIA

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I hereby commit to a year of ceasing my complaints about our tribe of apostrophe abusers if we can fix the handful of people who like to drop those drive-by links to external content without a word of context.

I will say that embedded X posts or certain videos where the displayed thumbnail or baked in text adequately explains what the link is about don’t call for the same explanation.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I’m still beside myself over the thread title “Israel in Turmoil”

It may have been in turmoil before OCT 7 but, since 10/7,

Israel is (literally) Fighting For Its Life!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I will note the complete decay of a number of forums that I've used over the years - as usual, focused on some specific activity or another, but with lots of sidebar conversations like our WC - while this one has (comparatively) flourished. I suspect that the censorship and other big brother creepiness of the larger social platforms (not counting X - thank you, Elon Musk) has made groups like this one disinclined to move their action over to one of the big providers. This place just wouldn't be the same if it lived on Reddit or FB or such. There aren't many to pick from, really, so this style of interaction still has a lot of life left in it.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Back on topic (sort of) it would be nice for folks to post a link to whatever they're referencing. Sure, we can google it, but common courtesy suggests posting a link for convenience. Just a thought.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    It's great that MDS is the greatest internet news and research outlet, but when it comes to breaking news, can we please focus on getting it right, and not just 'right now'??

There isn't a prize for posting first, and not including anything more than "John Q did this" really isn't helpful. Neither is telling people to look it up themselves.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, as there are many examples and we've probably all been guilty to some degree, but it would IMO be a great help to the community, and avoid lots of WTH questions.

TIA
    Spot on!!

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    I was first! I was first! I was first!!!

What??? It’s a dupe post…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    I was first! I was first! I was first!!!

What??? It’s a dupe post…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I remember many first post, posts, stating such in many places.
    first-post.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom