• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Thread revival.
    My Lee Autoprime is getting worn out after 20,000+ loads and I was looking to replace it when I stumbled across this deal on the Frankford Arsenal hand priming tool...
    Amazon product ASIN B01B7OYUVC
    they are out there..check MEWE. some NIB with shell holders. some at decent prices
    like I probably said still have my first original ones, a touch of lubriplate and fine.
    don't ask why but within the last 30 days picked up 6 of them, bunch of shell holders
    and some other LEE stuff I can't use. Why I don't know, just to say I got em. Been running
    across all kinds of deals, just pass em up, or tell me friends.
    older Rock Chucker Presses, Scales Lyman M5's, RCBS 10-10's, Ohaus 10-10's, Ohaus Check
    weights. mostly all new. last one was an ole RCBS 10-10 in box with all the paperwork
    $15 bucks plus $8 bucks shipping.
    So Have several other kinds of priming tools but always go back to ole yellow
    round trays, just works.

-Rock

Last edited:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have picked up another Lee or two in the meantime since I last posted on this thread. I have a Dillon setup, but I still prime by hand with the Lee Autoprime. Old habits are hard to change!

I have tried a couple others over the years, but pitched them and went right back to the Lee, it's hard to beat! ;)
    I can't believe what the old Lee hand primers are going for. I found a couple on Ebay and got beat out of them by last minute bids. I think they both went for over $50

Thread revival.
    My Lee Autoprime is getting worn out after 20,000+ loads and I was looking to replace it when I stumbled across this deal on the Frankford Arsenal hand priming tool...
    Nix that idea. Mine arrived today and wouldn't feed SRP. The attached (vertical) picture should sum up my thoughts on this tool.

Attachments

• 20230224_183828.jpg
      20230224_183828.jpg
      298.5 KB · Views: 47

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    Thread revival.
    I use RCBS Universal hand priming tool. Gotta say, it’s built well and I like that you get the hand priming feel as your seating them. I think it was the first nice tool I got after my Lee kit (aside from a digital scale).
    I have the RCBS as well but not the Universal model, mine uses shell holders. I can't imagine wearing it out.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/284693928272
    I like how the RCBS fits my hand but the Frankford Arsenal looks like a good deal.
    I only use mine to load LPP so I don't have to switch out the primer feeder on my Dillon SDB. I used it for a few SPP. The only thing I don't like it I'm often pressing in the primer with my hand still over the case. Not wearing gloves, I'm not sure how bad the pain would be if one went off while loading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom