• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Found this site this morning and thought it was useful for comparing handgun dimensions.
    Handgun Hero

It is very useful.

As a shortcut, if you want to compare two handguns, rather than go to that site and fight with their menus to select each one, just google or DDG "handgun X vs handgun Y" and handgunhero will usually be in the list of results.

Click the link and the comparison you want will pop up.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Here's an example:

Top result:

Screenshot_20220715-201713.jpg

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Excellent site. It helped me understand that an LCP max is much smaller than my 1911 before I decided to purchase the former. :lol2:

1657930746293.png

In all seriousness though, I've found the site to be exceptional as a tool if I'm contemplating a particular gun and haven't been able to handle it yet.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It is very useful.

As a shortcut, if you want to compare two handguns, rather than go to that site and fight with their menus to select each one, just google or DDG "handgun X vs handgun Y" and handgunhero will usually be in the list of results.

Click the link and the comparison you want will pop up.
    That's how I found it this morning. Someone asked about an Xd subcompact and I was wondering how it compared to a G43.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've been running comps all day while bored. I've realized that while an LCR weighs MUCH less than my Sp-101, the overall dimensions aren't much different. Certainly not enough to justify buying an expensive little revolver that I'll rarely ever carry.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    That's how I found it this morning. Someone asked about an Xd subcompact and I was wondering how it compared to a G43.

Springfield is running a promo with 3 free mags if you’re considering the XD.
    (Not sure how they handle magazine restricted states like maryland)

I was looking at the Hellcat vs. the P365 and three extra mags might sway me.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Springfield is running a promo with 3 free mags if you’re considering the XD.
    (Not sure how they handle magazine restricted states like maryland)

I was looking at the Hellcat vs. the P365 and three extra mags might sway me.

I'd call DK firearms or message them on this site about that. They can transfer an order to MD but keep the mags. You will just have to take a road trip

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    I've been running comps all day while bored. I've realized that while an LCR weighs MUCH less than my Sp-101, the overall dimensions aren't much different. Certainly not enough to justify buying an expensive little revolver that I'll rarely ever carry.
    Difference in dimensions being less drastic than expected was the biggest thing I noticed doing comparison's. Below a certain size there is not a drastic difference much beyond weight.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Difference in dimensions being less drastic than expected was the biggest thing I noticed doing comparison's. Below a certain size there is not a drastic difference much beyond weight.
    The ability to line the two guns up over each other is really useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom