Handguns no longer allowed to have threaded barrels?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Staccato makes their money by buying off influencers and selling 2011s to people who haven't owned anything but unremarkable striker-fired polymer pistols before.

When they discovered that the tacticool hype market doesn't last forever, they came crawling back to the competition crowd, but they had already moved on to MPA, BUL, Atlas, Infinity, and other people who care about said market.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    That’s a mealy mouthed cop-out (not directed at you)! They allegedly have a “compliance team”, as dumb and confusing as MD gun laws are, there is no such law anywhere whatsoever that restricts or prohibits threaded barrels in Maryland. That’s not any deep reading into laws and bills, it simply just doesn’t exist. If there was any mention of it at all, and was confusing or contradictory, then I can understand someone not being aware of the nuances and erring on the side of caution. They’re just making shit up, and that should be remembered by MD gun owners. I love Staccatos, have owned two (still own one), but I may now think twice about ever getting another one. Lazy fvcks can’t spend an hour on the internet?

I understand your frustration - been there myself many times. With that said, I also understand their POV. It's their business to run as they please - just like I understand your POV. There are lots of companies I swore I would never buy anything from again. I honestly can't remember any of them - it takes a lot more effort to hold a grudge than it does to forget the wrong they caused. I now try my darndest to follow the latter approach.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Staccato makes their money by buying off influencers and selling 2011s to people who haven't owned anything but unremarkable striker-fired polymer pistols before.

When they discovered that the tacticool hype market doesn't last forever, they came crawling back to the competition crowd, but they had already moved on to MPA, BUL, Atlas, Infinity, and other people who care about said market.
    The first paragraph felt like an insult cause I only have a stock Glock and though the CX I shot was a damn nice piece

The second paragraph was useful as now I know who else to look at. After I shot that CX I started examining the safe to see what I would sell to buy one.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    What's the point of paying a "compliance team" if they don't know what complies? :shrug:
    Exactly, it’s not like Maryland’s laws have so much regarding threaded barrels that the language could be confusing and contradictory. I’m dying to know just wtf they found that they formed their opinion from, it isn’t there - NOT ONE DAMN THING.

I’d almost respect them if they just threw up their hands and said Maryland’s laws are too complex and stupid, and as a result just refused to do any business here, but they’re cherry picking one non-existent senseless damn thing that they simply pulled out of their stupid asses (convince me otherwise).

I had a waaay better opinion of that company before tonight, that’s for sure.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Strange I have a C2 that I ordered direct and it has a threaded barrel. I also think MD elite has had threaded ones when I have stopped in.

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    Since it became staccato and not sti they are going downhill fast. This is just another notch they have slipped.

The information you were given is incorrect. Do business with someone who wants your business. If you just HAFTA have whatever the item is, hit me up. It would be a but of a drive for you but a friend of mine is a dealer for them.
    I definitely appreciate that offer. I asked them if I could appeal their decision and I offered to send them the text of the MD law to show their compliance team is clueless. In the end, worst comes to worst, I'll just ship it from VA and have it done that way. I am trying to build out a specific concept, or I'd probably just have gone and get a nighthawk 10mm. but I really am committed now lol

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    The first paragraph felt like an insult cause I only have a stock Glock and though the CX I shot was a damn nice piece

The second paragraph was useful as now I know who else to look at. After I shot that CX I started examining the safe to see what I would sell to buy one
    I cannot speak for erwos but having met him once or twice and knowing about his efforts as a competitor and youth shooting coach, I doubt any insult was intended. He has a lot of competition oriented guns and runs them a lot.

Mpa would definitely be worth a look as an out of the box option. Atlas aint cheap but they offer a lot of premium aesthetics if that's your bag. I suggest checking out used sti and svi guns. Ive seen some good deals here and there.
    I definitely appreciate that offer. I asked them if I could appeal their decision and I offered to send them the text of the MD law to show their compliance team is clueless. In the end, worst comes to worst, I'll just ship it from VA and have it done that way. I am trying to build out a specific concept, or I'd probably just have gone and get a nighthawk 10mm. but I really am committed now lol
    Understand that completely. When you know what you want, do it.

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    I cannot speak for erwos but having met him once or twice and knowing about his efforts as a competitor and youth shooting coach, I doubt any insult was intended. He has a lot of competition oriented guns and runs them a lot.

Mpa would definitely be worth a look as an out of the box option. Atlas aint cheap but they offer a lot of premium aesthetics if that's your bag. I suggest checking out used sti and svi guns. Ive seen some good deals here and there.

Understand that completely. When you know what you want, do it.
    Just got off the phone with Staccato again, and was told it was "cleared up" so they will do it for me. It's crazy that this is what had to happen, the CSR straight up told me no and then her team lead said he'd ask the compliance team. There must be a sheet that says "hey, here is what we can't do" when they take orders.... sounds like some operational management needs to be thrown into this mix

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Just got off the phone with Staccato again, and was told it was "cleared up" so they will do it for me. It's crazy that this is what had to happen, the CSR straight up told me no and then her team lead said he'd ask the compliance team. There must be a sheet that says "hey, here is what we can't do" when they take orders.... sounds like some operational management needs to be thrown into this mix
    Sounds like a job I don't want.

Hopefully they get their stuff in order but I won't be holding my breath.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I was going to write that Staccato installed a threaded barrel for me on my C2 a year or so ago. So when I started reading this thread, I wondered what had changed. It seems like a CSR just got his/her facts wrong. I'm glad they figured it out but it should not have happened in the first place.

Cal68

Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    I'm wondering if we'll soon see that many firearms manufacturers will refuse to sell in Maryland due to the new law opening up their liability for mischief done with their guns. Gun shops in surrounding states will benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom