• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MississippiJoe

Jul 21, 2012
    I am getting out of reloading, for now at least. I posted my stuff on the classified. Only being home for a week every 6 weeks is rough and the wife has told me in no uncertain terms I am not allowed to hide out in my man cave during that week. I will probably start reloading again in a few years once work slows downs or I retire. Thanks to all you guys for the info.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Teach your wife to reload and she can use it to pass the time while you're gone.

MississippiJoe

Jul 21, 2012
    I can see the wife saying, "you ran out of x powder so I just put y powder instead. Also, 4.9 gr didn't really fill up the case so I just filled it up."

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    The decision is yours, but if there is even the smallest chance you'll reload again I'd seriously re-think selling all your gear. If you decide to replace it later the prices will only be higher and availability may be questionable.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The decision is yours, but if there is even the smallest chance you'll reload again I'd seriously re-think selling all your gear. If you decide to replace it later the prices will only be higher and availability may be questionable.

This ^^^^^^

The stuff does not go bad. My reloading stuff sat for 16 years while I played with other hobbies.

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    What's bad, is that there is a range right across the street from where I am working in NC.

Take your reloading gear to NC with you. Load in the evenings when off of work. You need to do something with your time.

This ^^^^^^

The stuff does not go bad. My reloading stuff sat for 16 years while I played with other hobbies.

Mine sat for 6 years while I worked overseas. Everything was fine when I came back. Keep it dry and bare steel lubricated and it will be fine.

splatt

Apr 5, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I'd be reluctant to sell off my gear, even if I knew I wouldn't have the time to use it for a while.
    Got to figure the investment in it has already been made, so why do that twice?
    Also, remember not too long ago it was tough to find reloading gear anywhere.
    This is also MD, so what you are allowed to own today you might not be allowed to own in the future.

I'm about to finish off some 45 loads this morning as we speak:D
    Visiting family later today, so I have a little free time.

Happy Holidays to All

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom