• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    Jesus tell me hap baker is closed because the 1” of already melting snow and not for any other reason

Attachments

• 8C641B64-AEB6-462B-A6E1-C6E02581A65A.jpeg
      8C641B64-AEB6-462B-A6E1-C6E02581A65A.jpeg
      57.4 KB · Views: 1,270

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I was about to go this morning. Thankfully I didn't. Maybe they are replacing wood framing for the targets and used today to do it?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Closed for renovations for undetermined amount of time. Hopefully not for good
    Seems like every year about this time. Funny how the “annual” membership never includes 12 actual months of access, and no prorated fee schedule for the down time. I didn’t get any email notification about this closure, I usually get these alerts. I guess their level of not giving a shit just increased.

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Seems like every year about this time. Funny how the “annual” membership never includes 12 actual months of access, and no prorated fee schedule for the down time. I didn’t get any email notification about this closure, I usually get these alerts. I guess their level of not giving a shit just increased.

I can't believe you ever got to shoot there, seems like whenever I went there was a long wait. I hope they get it opened back up soon, otherwise there is AGC depending where you are located. Looking at the fee schedule it looks like Hap Baker is a little less of a blow to the wallet

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Hap Baker's website says

Hap Baker Firearms Facility Updates:

Users can look forward to the following facility updates and improvements:

The 200-yard berm in the rifle range was regraded and rebuilt, with the side berm elevated to exceed 8 feet, meeting the recently updated NRA range standards.
    The pistol range was lengthened from 17 to 25 yards and each stall now has its own lighting overhead.
    The pistol range’s target retrieval system was upgraded with each bench upgraded to an individual stall to protect shooters from casing discharge and reduce noise.
    Construction of a new building at the range is underway to replace the former construction trailer that had exceeded its useful lifespan.
    The Hap Baker Firearms Facility is a public shooting range that has been designed and built to meet the National Rifle Association range specifications. Our goal for this facility is to provide firearms enthusiasts a safe environment for practicing their sporting activities, and police units with a facility for conducting certification, training, and practice operations. The range is equipped with 9 Pistol Lanes (5-25 yards) and 10 Rifle Lanes (25-200 yards). No reservations needed.

If you have any questions concerning Hap Baker Firearms Facility please call the main Recreation & Parks office at 410-386-2103 or email us at HapBakerFirearmsFacilityDL@carrollcountymd.gov

January - March

• Monday Closed
      Tuesday Closed
      Wednesday Closed
      Thursday Closed
      Friday 10am - 4:30pm
      Saturday 10am - 4:30pm
      Sunday 10am - 4:30pm

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Hap Baker Firearms Facility Updates:

Users can look forward to the following facility updates and improvements:

The 200-yard berm in the rifle range was regraded and rebuilt, with the side berm elevated to exceed 8 feet, meeting the recently updated NRA range standards.
    The pistol range was lengthened from 17 to 25 yards and each stall now has its own lighting overhead.
    The pistol range’s target retrieval system was upgraded with each bench upgraded to an individual stall to protect shooters from casing discharge and reduce noise.
    Construction of a new building at the range is underway to replace the former construction trailer that had exceeded its useful lifespan.
    The Hap Baker Firearms Facility is a public shooting range that has been designed and built to meet the National Rifle Association range specifications. Our goal for this facility is to provide firearms enthusiasts a safe environment for practicing their sporting activities, and police units with a facility for conducting certification, training, and practice operations. The range is equipped with 9 Pistol Lanes (5-25 yards) and 10 Rifle Lanes (25-200 yards). No reservations needed.

If you have any questions concerning Hap Baker Firearms Facility please call the main Recreation & Parks office at 410-386-2103 or email us at HapBakerFirearmsFacilityDL@carrollcountymd.gov

January - March

• Monday Closed
      Tuesday Closed
      Wednesday Closed
      Thursday Closed
      Friday 10am - 4:30pm
      Saturday 10am - 4:30pm
      Sunday 10am - 4:30pm
    Are you sure you’re not reading lat year’s notice? That’s exactly what they were closed about 4 months last year for, word for word exactly. All of that work was completed btw.

Sirex