• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Potential new participants as well.

Financially and otherwise, access to places to shoot is generally tighter today than it's ever been. The end result going forward may prove to be that one never misses, what one never had.

Totally new participants , minimal effect .

There are actually some new and new-ish facilities . Guntry , Maryland Arenal in Hagerstown, and most recently Berkley Springs Trading Post ( with heavy percentage of Maryland customers).

X % of brand new shooters will go to range several times with new gun , then settle into once or twice a year routine. They'll just spend the $25 or $30 each time .

But it will discourage them from becoming " serious " shooters .

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    The range badge at AGC is currently $250 and will continue to increase every year. Add club membership ...
    $25 TO MSI and you're good for a year, plus $250 and it works out to...

$.76 per day, shoot 363 days per year. The 2024 badge will be valid to Feb 2025.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    $325 a year? BS. Join MSI (which I’m already a member) for $25/year. That’s $275/year. Find another range that offers all that for that amount per year, you won’t.

Don’t want to pay match fees? Become an RSO and match fees are either comped or deducted from your range badge cost. When I renewed my range badge for this year it was $125.

You don’t like AGC, we get it. You post about it repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try pricing what it costs for a club like say Monumental and then tell me those numbers are BS. My numbers are not based upon Monumental, they are a rough average based on what the majority of clubs cost. Of course, you can always join a club to just get by, especially if all you want to do is burn up ammo. And YES, I dislike the AGC, not because of the excellent facilities, it's due to the extremely poor management of certain people, their self serving attitudes and prejudices. That's saying a lot since AGC is only 8 min from my house. I can hear them quite often.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    $25 TO MSI and you're good for a year, plus $250 and it works out to...

$.76 per day, shoot 363 days per year. The 2024 badge will be valid to Feb 2025.
    Good numbers except most, including myself do not shoot every day. Even if it was only twice per month for 10 month's it wouldn't be bad. I shoot in matches and that adds an additional $200 at a minimum. That puts it at $475 per year minimum. As a non-member, I can shoot those same matches and at a lower cost per year. Remember that the "trustees" voted to increase the cost every year going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom