• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Have a new shotgun. Have put 4 different types of 12ga ammo in it. All slid in fine. Except black aces 00 buckshot. Hard to push in and last one would not go in far enough to hear the click or let the elevator go up. I did not use a ton of force because I have never had this happen with any of the shotguns I have owned. Any suggestions. Thanks, Bud

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Have a new shotgun. Have put 4 different types of 12ga ammo in it. All slid in fine. Except black aces 00 buckshot. Hard to push in and last one would not go in far enough to hear the click or let the elevator go up. I did not use a ton of force because I have never had this happen with any of the shotguns I have owned. Any suggestions. Thanks, Bud
    have you checked the dimensions, any tell tale bulging anywhere. If you have another shotgun will the black aces fit in it. And finally IIRC Black Aces has questionable QA/QC on a lot of their stuff but I could be wrong.

arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    So upon further review if I make sure the elevator is pushed all the way down and keep it pressed down they all slide in fine. Until the fifth round. It will not click into place. I measured them against my other brands. They are about 1/32" longer and they of course are 2 3/4. The circumference on all shells is 2.5". With my other shotgun it was the same. They both have the same capcity in the tube, which is 5. The brass which is some other type of silver shiny metal is about 1/2" higher then my other high brass shells. I just feel like selling all 50 rounds I just got at a loss and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom