• Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Open to the Public!

Monday, January 25, 2010
    Time: 6PM
    Harford County Budget Hearing for Fiscal Year 2011
    The purpose of this public budget hearing is to hear from the people of Harford County as to what is important for them and what they would like to see funded or cut.
    Call Patrick McGrady with questions at 410-357-1234.
    2415 Willoughby Beach Road, Edgewood, MD

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    The Board of Education has alot of questions to answer to!

You know what gets me... Joppatowne Elemtary was just remodeled and every room has a (at least) 42" Sony Bravia flat panel! WTF! They have TV at home they don't need them in every room! You know I wouldn't be as pissed if they had a few of these on carts and the teacher could sign them out if needed, but in every room!

I've got a clue for them... pay the teachers better, keep the good ones, get rid of the bad ones, start getting the disruptive kids out of class with harsher punishments, and STOP TEACHING TO A F***ING TEST! The only things the kids are learning now a days is how to take a test and nothing more.

But then again... NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND! says our comrades in leadership.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    You know what gets me... Joppatowne Elemtary was just remodeled and every room has a (at least) 42" Sony Bravia flat panel! WTF! They have TV at home they don't need them in every room! You know I wouldn't be as pissed if they had a few of these on carts and the teacher could sign them out if needed, but in every room!

I've got a clue for them... pay the teachers better, keep the good ones, get rid of the bad ones, start getting the disruptive kids out of class with harsher punishments, and STOP TEACHING TO A F***ING TEST! The only things the kids are learning now a days is how to take a test and nothing more.

Wait til they put those smart boards and ppt projectors in every classroom. they've only just begun

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect

I heard that Bel Air has flat screens in every room, including the cafeteria. Then the Board of Ed/HCPS has the balls to say they need more money because teachers aren't making enough, don't have supplies, facilities dept. can't afford maintenance materials. :wtf:
    Maybe if they managed their money properly they wouldn't have this problem. Books are a necessity, tv's are not. When I was in school the teachers rarely used tv's. Most used overhead projectors.

I was gonna run for schoolboard, but my district isn't available until next election due to the rotating council cycle.

There were a bunch of people there representing arts and demanding Harford build... get this... not one, but MULTIPLE arts centers around the county. :lol2: These people just don't get it. We're in an economic decline and they want to spend more of our taxpayer dollars on facilities that only appeal to a small amount of people and will probably barely be used.
    Thats okay though, because the liberals got knocked back down in their place by one of our C4L county coordinators who told everyone how he raised over $1 million to preserve civil war battlefields and that both individuals and groups should rely on themselves, not the government for what they want. This resulted in a standing ovation.:D

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    sorry I couldn't make it tonight guys. I was running the MD Bass Fed Nation Northern Region meeting.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I heard that Bel Air has flat screens in every room, including the cafeteria. Then the Board of Ed/HCPS has the balls to say they need more money because teachers aren't making enough, don't have supplies, facilities dept. can't afford maintenance materials. :wtf:
    Maybe if they managed their money properly they wouldn't have this problem. Books are a necessity, tv's are not. When I was in school the teachers rarely used tv's. Most used overhead projectors.

I was gonna run for schoolboard, but my district isn't available until next election due to the rotating council cycle.

There were a bunch of people there representing arts and demanding Harford build... get this... not one, but MULTIPLE arts centers around the county. :lol2: These people just don't get it. We're in an economic decline and they want to spend more of our taxpayer dollars on facilities that only appeal to a small amount of people and will probably barely be used.
    Thats okay though, because the liberals got knocked back down in their place by one of our C4L county coordinators who told everyone how he raised over $1 million to preserve civil war battlefields and that both individuals and groups should rely on themselves, not the government for what they want. This resulted in a standing ovation.:D

You know, i saw the sign for the harford county cultural arts office yesterday and i thought to myself, what a freaking waste.

Its too bad the teachers dont realize, what they are going to lose in pay, they will save in their property taxes. My assessed value just dropped 43%.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    You know, i saw the sign for the harford county cultural arts office yesterday and i thought to myself, what a freaking waste.

Its too bad the teachers dont realize, what they are going to lose in pay, they will save in their property taxes. My assessed value just dropped 43%.

The people for the arts center kept saying how important it is and how everyone in Harford County wants it. One man said that an event brought in over $100,000. Hmm well why not invest that money and take donations to fund your own arts building, instead of expecting a hand out from the gov., which falls on taxpayers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom