• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    Does anyone know another source for parts for a very early model H&R 922other than http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=7923 ? This was my brothers revolver from when we were kids. When he got marrried and had kids of he was worried about them finding it. I had mine locked up at my folks; but, my brother decided to be real safe and threw away the cylinder and pin. Fast forward 3 decades and we need parts. Numrich is out of stock on these parts. This one is so early that the serial number starts with E and is only 4 digits long. Any help on locating parts is appreciated.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    You might get lucky if you contact remington repair, through www.hr1871.com.

The caveat, Remington will not service any firearms made prior to their acquisition of H&R.

If you wish to get rid of it, let me know, I'm looking for a barrel for a Model 88.

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    Unfortunately, Remington does not appear to handle any of the handguns. On that note, I suspect the 922 parts aren't going to work on a model 88. The model 922 was a DA 22lr with a 9 shot cylinder. This one is blue with a one piece grip. As I recall, the pistol shot fine the problem was the 16 year old holding it and trying to shoot single handed like in the cowboy movies.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I didn't have my caffeine infusion completed when I responded to the post, sorry about that.

I got excited with the possibility of H&R parts :o

4MarDiv

Aug 18, 2010
    Fallston
    wow, thats a shame he threw the stuff out. I woulda just hide the parts seperate. good luck on your hunt for parts.

wasillashack

Aug 2, 2011
    H&R 922 parts

Try Bob's Gun Shop Rogers, Arkansas. I have a 922 also that needs a few internal parts, the timing is bad for the cylinder, a common problem. I am rarely on this site, my e mail is shack@twinviewfarm.com. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom