• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • probowhunter

Sep 14, 2011
    I agreed to a protective order to stay away the courts didn’t hear the case. The year has been up and I can have my guns back would this stop me from receiving my ccw here in Maryland

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    I agreed to a protective order to stay away the courts didn’t hear the case. The year has been up and I can have my guns back would this stop me from receiving my ccw here in Maryland
    First off, IANAL; I just took my W&C course a week ago, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind, but please do your research rather than trusting my opinion.

On the issue at hand... Hard to say; if it didn't end up in the courts and they gave you your firearms back, then I want to say no, there's no issue since they gave you your guns back. But if MDSP talks to whichever LED issued the order... I don't know. Like Outrider58 said, one way to find out, but it might behoove you to contact like MSI or USCCA before you put money down. I do know if you actually had a court case, then you'd need to get it expunged first. Good luck, hope you figure it out.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    It would, likely, depend on how they interpret:

“Based on an investigation, has not exhibited a propensity for violence”

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Like I stated before their was no charges or finding from the court

While presumably true , that's not the point .

Just because there were no criminal charges , doesn't mean the MSP can't determine that you have a Propensity for violence .

Expect for You to be interviewed .
    Expect for the Vengeful Ex to be interviewed .
    Expect for References to be interviewed .

abyrd

Sep 29, 2023
    Clinton Maryland
    Go to the court were you agreed to the stay aw
    First off, IANAL; I just took my W&C course a week ago, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind, but please do your research rather than trusting my opinion.

On the issue at hand... Hard to say; if it didn't end up in the courts and they gave you your firearms back, then I want to say no, there's no issue since they gave you your guns back. But if MDSP talks to whichever LED issued the order... I don't know. Like Outrider58 said, one way to find out, but it might behoove you to contact like MSI or USCCA before you put money down. I do know if you actually had a court case, then you'd need to get it expunged first. Good luck, hope you figure it out.
    You should go to the court were the stay away was agreed to and see if its on the record, if it needs to be expunged or just taken off the record. Stay away orders are not taken lightly in the state of Maryland, then trying to get a ccw that might put a red flag on your process. Good luck doe

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    The only way you will know for sure if you will get approved is to apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom