• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    For example, the inspection showed 427 missing disposition entries in the A&D Records. Gilbert acknowledged that some 275 of those were recorded elsewhere or "merely late," but further claimed that because he subsequently reported the remaining 146 firearms as lost or stolen, he did not need to record them in the A&D Records.

now thats a lot of missing records and LOST firearms

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    For example, the inspection showed 427 missing disposition entries in the A&D Records. Gilbert acknowledged that some 275 of those were recorded elsewhere or "merely late," but further claimed that because he subsequently reported the remaining 146 firearms as lost or stolen, he did not need to record them in the A&D Records.

Yes it is a lot of guns and I never knew they had any problems over there. I had known of wrong boxes being given for a couple of handguns but they normally asked the people to bring the boxes back to straighten them out. After reading this it appears that either the place will close or have to be sold to someone else.

Douglas

Dec 26, 2005
    Arlington, VA
    That appears to be the Maryland Gilberts - NOT the business located in VIRGINIA - which was previously known as Gilberts Small Arms range (no relation).

THe Virginia Gilberts is now called the "Sharpshooters Range" and it is being run by Tim Bacus - I am not aware of any record keeping mistakes whatsoever at the Virginia Gilberts/Sharpshooters.

BWomble

May 3, 2010
    Beaar, DE

I'm pretty sure he is wrong about that.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I frequent Sharpshooters in Lorton. Range is nice, 22 yards max I think.. Pistol calibers only.. there are discounts for annual/premium members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom