Have you ever bought a gun that you didn't really like - but you bought it anyway?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksy95

Mar 11, 2013
    I bought a Turk Mauser that I wanted, but I didn't really want at the same time. I was telling myself that I should buy it, but deep down, I wanted a No.4 Mk.I. I ended up selling the Mauser recently and buying a No.4 Mk.I.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    No. I've tried to follow the old collector's rule: "buy only the things you like". It's served me well over 3 decades of gun collecting and helped me to avoid burnout. The only downside is that it makes it more difficult to let go of items!

BMW

Feb 28, 2013
    SoMD
    No. I've tried to follow the old collector's rule: "buy only the things you like". It's served me well over 3 decades of gun collecting and helped me to avoid burnout. The only downside is that it makes it more difficult to let go of items!

What? Do you mean sell guns that you own? I am not familiar with this concept.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

That's a very good rule!

I think that different people are reading the question in different ways. I never bought a gun that I didn't like, on some level, but I've bought guns that I don't especially enjoy shooting a lot. The P-64 is one of those. It's a well-made gun that's excellent for small concealed carry, but if I take it to the range, it's going to be switched out for something else after a mag, or two.

On the other hand, there are lots of "plastic fantastics" that might shoot very well, but they just don't interest me. I still might buy one, if the price is right and I think I can flip it to fund something I want more.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I ordered a P1 and asked for a shooter that was matching and was told it was not matching via email. I said ship it, then started to think hmmmm, I should have not gotten it. It came in and it was matching but was reworked to the point that it was a major overhaul at some point. I love that P1 though as a 9mm range toy. Which is sort of why I got it.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I've shot a P64 before. As I recall, it was VERY "snappy", and had the proverbial "hair trigger". I really didn't like it, at all.

Please, somebody explain to me why I've been looking at them lately with a desire to buy one now?

I don't get it!

I don't like it... But I'm gonna buy one anyway???

What the hell is happening to me?!
    :sad20:

The P64 you shot with a hair trigger must have been "worked" at some point. They are known for the opposite. I have 2 and they are snappy but I like them.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    What? Do you mean sell guns that you own? I am not familiar with this concept.

I've no where near reached that point yet either.
    :)

I never bought a gun that I didn't like, on some level, but I've bought guns that I don't especially enjoy shooting a lot. The P-64 is one of those.

Perfect explanation!

Thank you.

I think I'll go for it now.
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads