Have you seen Colion Noir make fun of competition shooters .40cal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    th

*****Hey!!! he's smart and not dumb like people say!!!! :thumbsup:

chris.jpg
    38j9t9-2011023689.jpg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    What is it with Gen 3?

My nephew was salivating over my G19 Gen3, and so I gifted it to him.

Oh bother.
    I like the finger grooves and the mag release being only on one side. It allows me to install an extended mag release that I can't do to a Gen 4.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    In my very very limited experience shooting all three, I only have one pistol in .40 - a Walther P99. I will say that it's a snappy round with how I loaded it using Longshot as the propellant. It's probably the least comfortable gun to actually shoot of almost anything I have, and it's because of that snappy recoil. I've considered getting a heavier guide rod with the idea that it might help to reduce some of that snappiness.

Kinda funny - I can't remember the last time I took it to the range - when I'm perusing the pistols I'm going to take, I invariably skip over that one.

It used to be that there was always a lot of .40 brass at the range to pick up for reloading. These days I hardly see it or 45 ACP - most range pickup is 9mm, and I have so many pieces of once-fired 9mm, I skip over it and only pick up what I shoot, if I even bother to do that.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    At least in .40 the practice ammo is the generally the same pressure as the defensive ammo. Theoretically this would have better carryover from practice to actual usage. With lighter pistols you are going to see a difference between 9mm fmj and a +p HP. With 9 I always try to end an IDPA match with the hot stuff so i remember that is what it actually feels like to shoot the gun.

CruncherBlock

Mar 29, 2016
    I shoot .45 because I am a Man. I was born this way. I am above discussing 10mm, .40, 9mm. I relate to those calibers like I relate to the WNBA. If that's your thing, fine. I just don't care like l don't care what your pronouns are. I shoot .45. I don't have to say anything else.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Once I retire, I likely will as well. I should probably find a Gen 3 while they're still available.
    Why? You posted the FBIs findings and rationale on 9mm.
    I shoot .45 because I am a Man. I was born this way. I am above discussing 10mm, .40, 9mm. I relate to those calibers like I relate to the WNBA. If that's your thing, fine. I just don't care like l don't care what your pronouns are. I shoot .45. I don't have to say anything else.
    Unfortunately, the data don’t support .45 being any better than quality, modern defensive ammo.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    I don't quite take it this far, but I do love me some .45 it's by far the cartridge I shoot most accurately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom