• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I just received the email below from a friend. I think this might be pertinent to our 2A fight.

The Hagerstown TEA Party Board has taken the position to oppose HB 493 in the Maryland General Assembly, the so-called "Referendum Integrity Act." It's amazing how this bill is specifically targeted at the methods used by Neil Parrott in the recent petition efforts. If enacted, this bill would effectively end the rights of Maryland citizens to petition for redress of grievances, a right specifically guaranteed by the Maryland Constitution.

We urge you to either contact members of the Committee or to travel to Annapolis on February 21st to show opposition to this egregious piece of legislation. Of course, hearings on several other bills of interest will be held that day as well (HB 325, SB 367, HB 729, and HB 730). Neil Parrot is the principal sponsor of the last two of these bills.

You may contact members of the full committed through the link below:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=04&id=w&m&tab=subject7&ys=2013RS

For information on HB 493, follow this link:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?id=HB0493&stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2013RS

Please show your support for Neil and all he has been doing for the people of Western Maryland.

Jim Coyle

Secretary

Hagerstown TEA Party

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    Received in response to my input:

Dear Mr. XXXX

You need to focus your efforts on the members of the House Ways and Means Committee. I certainly do not support this bill and if it does see the light of day on the House Floor I will do whatever I can to defeat it.

Susan McComas - District 35 B

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom