• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I still dont get the amendment. So I can give the rifle to someone to take to the Dealer to sell. Sounds like a massive loophole to launder some long guns to me. Who thought this up and what is the actual problem? Oh, you mean the owner is a prohibited person who does not want to show his/her face. You dont say.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I still dont get the amendment. So I can give the rifle to someone to take to the Dealer to sell. Sounds like a massive loophole to launder some long guns to me. Who thought this up and what is the actual problem? Oh, you mean the owner is a prohibited person who does not want to show his/her face. You dont say.

Or a mad spouse dump a guy's collection...

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If this rifle and shotgun stuff passes in this session and becomes law in October, my partners and I will consider opening a new FFL in Kent County to facilitate transfers in that area. If some kind of LGQL becomes the law, we will also offer the class for it there as well.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I watched proceeding no 16 house floor activities. This Bitch Atterbeary is clearly out of her mind. She will gladly mint new criminals out of law abiding citizens while protecting drug dealers and straw purchasers who would intimidate socially and economically challenged persons while perpetuating criminality at the same time.
    All the while discarding measures that would determine the usefulness of her bidding while insulating herself from ownership at the same time.

I have witnessed her more than one time demand facts and supporting documentation as a basis to consider opposition regarding her position and then fail to effectively communicate her reason for closure other than by resorting to ridicule to solidify her poorly thought out arguments.

It's a sad day for our our citizenry and our country. She can kiss my ass then call me Daddy while not being able to point out the Fork District at the same time. Then go straight to hell in a pink blazer.:kissass:

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Sadly, I think this will pass. But, this is the beginning too. I think once all guns require a FFL transfer, they will start logging names with serial numbers. Guns recovered that may have been sold pre HB4 in a private sale, the burden will be on the seller to prove they sold it before HB4 became law. They will want to make legal gun owners criminals, and make exampls of them.

Then after a shooting where a relative got a gun from a family member, the family transfer exemption will end. Then they will tack on fees and taxes in the name of safety, with the funds going to "reduce gun violence". The taxes and fees will always increase, especially when the state needs more money, (Kirwan), and the next dem governor will see to that.

Then they'll require a LGQL, or just a general gun owners license that will require hurdles to jump overs, and yep, more fees. More extensive background checks, more wait periods. Insurance coverage, more training and storage requirements. Ammo limits and background checks. Regulations on reloading. And yes, again the push to regulate antiques and black powder items. They are trying to regulate and tax the 2A away. Remember safety isn't the goal, control is.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Sadly, I think this will pass. But, this is the beginning too. I think once all guns require a FFL transfer, they will start logging names with serial numbers. Guns recovered that may have been sold pre HB4 in a private sale, the burden will be on the seller to prove they sold it before HB4 became law. They will want to make legal gun owners criminals, and make exampls of them.

Then after a shooting where a relative got a gun from a family member, the family transfer exemption will end. Then they will tack on fees and taxes in the name of safety, with the funds going to "reduce gun violence". The taxes and fees will always increase, especially when the state needs more money, (Kirwan), and the next dem governor will see to that.

Then they'll require a LGQL, or just a general gun owners license that will require hurdles to jump overs, and yep, more fees. More extensive background checks, more wait periods. Insurance coverage, more training and storage requirements. Ammo limits and background checks. Regulations on reloading. And yes, again the push to regulate antiques and black powder items. They are trying to regulate and tax the 2A away. Remember safety isn't the goal, control is.

I can't argue with a single point you make.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Other than MD Shooters members and a few others, who's even going to be aware of it?

This. Hunters and trap shooters will continue doing what they're doing now.

My dad and his brothers would buy and sell long guns all the time to each other across state lines - no one cared, no one knew, they just did what they always did before GCA'68 was passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom