• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Frankly, I think empathy has eroded any chance of filling Annapolis up with gun owners like in 2013.

Folks have either gotten what they wanted, moved out of state, or just flat said, "fuggem" and are doing whatever without regard for the law anyways.

Guessing you meant "apathy"...

But this is my greatest concern realized: That IGM would spread, and cut into the needed passion to protect against the grab.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Frankly, I think empathy has eroded any chance of filling Annapolis up with gun owners like in 2013.

Folks have either gotten what they wanted, moved out of state, or just flat said, "fuggem" and are doing whatever without regard for the law anyways.

I moved, got better things to do...like live a reasonably free life.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You're good peoples, Bolts. We lost too many like you to other states. Truly a shame that this state has forced the hands of freedom loving folk.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    They would need a multitude of signs, wouldn't they, given all the properties affected that aren't in a traditional walled-off or discrete campus setting.

Did they include an analysis of the costs of this bill? Have they arranged to fund it?

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    You're good peoples, Bolts. We lost too many like you to other states. Truly a shame that this state has forced the hands of freedom loving folk.

Thanks, there were many reasons I left including my physical and mental health. That and the urge to apply shall we say antibiotics to certain walking, talking pathogens.

They would need a multitude of signs, wouldn't they, given all the properties affected that aren't in a traditional walled-off or discrete campus setting.

Did they include an analysis of the costs of this bill? Have they arranged to fund it?

You expect the inmates of the General Asylum to think that far ahead? What's one more unfunded mandate to them?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Thanks, there were many reasons I left including my physical and mental health. That and the urge to apply shall we say antibiotics to certain walking, talking pathogens.

You expect the inmates of the General Asylum to think that far ahead? What's one more unfunded mandate to them?

they have thought that far ahead. without signs it will just be a trap to catch those who can legally carry accidentally stepping on campus property and poof one more of the nasty ccw people they hate prohibited. its a win win for them.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I'd be interested in amendments that made it so onerous on the Institutions (signs, seminars, publication requirements, etcetcetc) that they would rebel against their masters in Analpolis.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    they have thought that far ahead. without signs it will just be a trap to catch those who can legally carry accidentally stepping on campus property and poof one more of the nasty ccw people they hate prohibited. its a win win for them.

Or they will put up one small sign and make it your responsibility to find and read it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Or they will put up one small sign and make it your responsibility to find and read it.

nah, when they catch you where they say its a gun free zone they will say ignorance of the law is no excuse.

or make it a requirement on your ccw that you know all gfz's as a restriction.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Guessing you meant "apathy"...

But this is my greatest concern realized: That IGM would spread, and cut into the needed passion to protect against the grab.

I moved, got better things to do...like live a reasonably free life.

It's 'fight or flight' syndrome, the most primitive of instincts, and we're not immune to it either. As much as we have evolved, we've gotten tired of fighting and either rolled-over or fled. Not as much IGM, because just as the Fudds (sorry for the derogatory term) have figured out, they'll eventually come for 'yours' too. However, the reason we've become tired is that we fight fair, and the gun-grabbing, anti-2A, liberal/progressive DemocRAT politicians here in the PRofMD don't. They see our 'Gun Day' assemblages, and letter writing campaigns as minor annoyances. Even our 4,000+ member shutdown of Annapolis was met with disdain, distortion, and dishonesty as they ramrod'd through FSA2013.

Lately we HAVE been getting under their skin with R&R's sandwich board army and social media shaming, but we need to step it up a notch and get more media attention. Headlines are more effective than citing facts and stats in front of a bored computer chess player who could give a rats-patoot about our rights or whether his pet bill might be better fit as a bird cage liner. Take Alinsky's Rules and start 'liberally' applying them to restore OUR God-given rights, not the manufactured ones that the pluck out of the collective asses.

The time is right to be a little bolder.

How to use Alinsky's Rules for Radicals against the Left

Let's apply Rule #13 to the max ... Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it ... and it doesn't have to be regarding a gun rights issues either. Miller and Busch have started to squirm already and I am sure that if their leadership squirms, so will their minions.

Attachments

• run-away.jpg
      run-away.jpg
      45.2 KB · Views: 279
    Last edited:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    ^^^ Some of the up-and-coming, next generation committee leaders and co-chairs who are pushing this stuff are also eyeing Busch, Miller, and Vallario's slots, as well as higher office.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

here they are:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2016RS/fnotes/bil_0006/sb0906.pdf

bottom line:
    State Effect:
    Minimal increase in general fund revenues and expenditures due to the bill’s penalty provisions.

Local Effect:
    Minimal increase in local revenues and expenditures due to the bill’s penalty provisions.

they are planning to pay for the signs with the $1,000 fine per offense.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

how do we request a fiscal report after the fact to see how they are doing on a law?

in other words, if they spend $500,000 on signs, do the fiscal notes predict correctly and they had 500 offenses that they charged the $1000 per offense?:lol:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    These polls probably explain the unusual show of force by Raskin and Van Hollen on this bill and the terrorist watch list bill.

The primary will be close so I hope people get out and vote. In my opinion, Raskin is part of the machine that has gerrymandered MD and disenfranchised people so he deserves to be ousted on that issue alone. If he loses we could theoretically say these bills did not help his cause.

GOP is running some strong candidates for Senate in the fall. May the most vulnerable Dem win there.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    nah, when they catch you where they say its a gun free zone they will say ignorance of the law is no excuse.

or make it a requirement on your ccw that you know all gfz's as a restriction.

That is, in fact, precisely what they do on the MD permit. It provides on the back "Not valid where Firearms are prohibited."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom