• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MD specifically prohibits carrying weapons at political protests or rallies. I think that is a long standing law.

Only after 2 things:

1. You have been advised by LE that there is an ORGANIZED Rally, and
    2. They have directed you to remove the firearm from the presence of the rally.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Most of the moderate Dems have left the building. Those who remain fully understand that if they like the free ride, they must follow the Party line. Otherwise, no funding, and if they do get re-elected, positions on powerful committees are not for them.

A lot of anti-gun stuff has been passed, but it easily could have been a lot worse. Small comfort there, but that's totalitarianism, Maryland-style. The plan on incrementing us to death, or driving us into the wilderness with their sins on our backs. They've weaponised the voters through the educational/media complex, and demonised us as the root source of conservative thought.

They learned the techniques developed in the 1920s and 1930s, and have expanded on them. They need villains to fight against, and it is us. It's beyond ironic to see that well over half of contemporary American Jewry is on their side, having forgotten, or never learned, the lessons taught to their forebears. Basically, all over the country, Dems are working to shift the mindset of the population to worship the Government as the source of all good, and the teachings and laws of the Government as holy scripture.

The Government knows what is good for you, and is making it mandatory.

Have you accepted The State as your Lord and Savior?

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Theoretically couldn't we just sign up our members as unfavorable and not testifying to make that a non issue? Like, have someone print out a list of everyone who objects online here? The angry mommies did something similar with their print outs. My wife usually can't make these so I've been thinking of putting her in that way since she doesn't support these bills either.

You might be on to something........

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Are there any moderates on this issue in the MGA who are actually susceptible to persuasion? Alternatively, are there any who could be realistically targeted in the next election?

No one will ever be vulnerable in an election in MD ever again. If so, they will just gerrymander the district away. Such was the case with Busch's former district, had he lived he was very vulnerable - until the redistricting blew away any chance of the Democratic Party's chosen one not winning by a landslide.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Might be optimistic of me, but I was thinking last night.
    What if this bill isn't intended to get through at all and they're using it as a carrot on a stick to get us riled up over this one thing so we pay less attention to the other things they want more? A lot of this stuff was intentionally left out of FSA 2013, and they damn near lost the case on that as well, and now they want to restrict more and send it to Trump's courts? I don't know. Seems unlikely they're that stupid for as vicious as they are, none of them wants to be the one that got a complete overturn and sets a national precedent.

I've pondered that. The "Squirrel!!" approach.

I think they just want to stick the knife into gun owners as deep as they can and twist it. Make us move out to solidify their total control until the revolution.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    How long have you lived in Maryland? I ask because you sound defeated, and that is certainly understandable. If your perspective is only based in Maryland then I totally get it.

For every man on this board there are probably 20 "men" in Maryland that believe no one should have guns at all. Maryland is a cucked state sadly.

Now of course every state has cucks but in my 30 years in Maryland they were everywhere, scared of everything, scared to take risks. Quick to summon authorities if they feel "wronged".

Our forefathers were the ultimate risk-takers.....testosterone levels were much higher back then, don't laugh but normal to high levels of testosterone leads to more risks being taken. The vast majority of men have low T nowadays. I highly recommend TRT for any man over 30, will change your life in ways you never thought possible, but I'll digress.

I’ve lived here 8 years too many Moving from WV to this crap hole is like going to prison. If someone would give me $120,000 for my house and garage on .4 acres of ground, I’d be out ASAP.
    I can’t believe you’re mentioning taking risks on this forum...several years ago I was scoffed at here for declaring that we would get to this point and needed to stand fast at the line drawn in the sand. Several years later we are where I predicted. I’ve donated, emailed, made phone calls, voted, and testified. I’m tired of wasting my time and money to fight MD who is using our money and unlimited time to take our rights. It never stops...the a holes won’t give us a break. I’d rather move back “home” and use my money and time to buy whatever AR, AK, or handgun I want and carry it when I want. Yes I know this crap is spreading all over the nation, but WV’s politicians are nothing like Maryland’s tyrants.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I was there. I took a day off without pay to do so. I have been in contact with my representatives on a continuing basis. I vote! There are plenty of people on the forum that talk about what should be done but, that is as far as they go. There is a group that always seems to carry the burden for the rest. I think it is time for those who only talk to help carry the load!
    ^^^^ This.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I've been showing up to as many of these bills as possible... Should I bother with the HB version this time? Atterbeary and her cronies are going to pass it through the house no matter what... Take anything particularly powerful we say and put exceptions in to increase the odds of the bill making it past the Senate... And my employer is probably starting to get annoyed with all the last minute PTO requests...
    Agree on Atterbeary. She's just a cvnt. Sen. Smith at least has a sense of integrity and may be reasoned with. This was demonstrated in the LG xfer bill hearing so notably attended by Squaregrouper.

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    Yeah, I remember the crowd that swore they'd never get an HQL, too.

Touche.

I still haven't.

I'm glad you're old enough to have never needed it and have every handgun you've ever wanted. Unfortunately the youth like me have never and will never have the chance. If you're born into this state you are complying whether you like it or not.

On a brighter note, this bill is arguably more egregious than the HQL with how many people it impacts. They're going after the things we already own rather than solely restricting new purchases. This is quite a big bite even for the MGA. There's a reason these sorts of proposals got tossed out in previous iterations.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Are there any moderates on this issue in the MGA who are actually susceptible to persuasion? Alternatively, are there any who could be realistically targeted in the next election?

Doug (TwoFace) Peters has been running unopposed for some time now. By the look of his ascent he's one of "The Anointed" though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom