• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    The reason is because they are adding a bunch of firearms to the list that were never on a Form 77R. Benelli M4 with a pistol grip and a collapsible stock. Benelli SBE with a pistol grip stock for turkey hunting. You know, stuff like that.

They want to require us to register everything and its mother, and in a lot of cases they want us to re-register stuff that we already bought on a Form 77R.

There are a couple reasons they want to do this. Anybody that does not register their "assault weapons" and gets caught, becomes prohibited from ever owning firearms again AND those "assault weapons" are removed from circulation. They want to make this onerous on gun owners. They want a list for confiscation later on down the road. When they propose the law for confiscation, they will most likely be hoping that all conservatives leave the state as a result.

Heartburn and headache.
    Are we assuming that it anything that's already had a 77r would need to be redone? I didnt get that from the bill text.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Are we assuming that it anything that's already had a 77r would need to be redone? I didnt get that from the bill text.

I'm assuming nothing yet. I don't want this crap to get that far. Same goes for HB4/SB208 & HB910/SB958. None shall pass. It's all out war what they've put out this year. We also thought that in 2013 and last year too. They're really going to have to want this to pass it. If any somehow get as far as Hogan's desk, We'll hold his feet to the fire. Then we'll see what assumptions are left to make.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    The biggest reason I want to do this is because there have been at least two handguns I have sold out of state, via a MD FFL. If the MD FFL put it in and out of their bound book to an out of state FFL, there would be no 77r and MSP would still believe I own the handguns.

Prior to getting a C&R, I didn't keep meticulous records of what I bought and sold. I transferred a Flat Top .44 Mag Blackhawk to Christian Soldier to ship to an out of state buyer. I have no records of the transfer.

In America, the burden of proof would be on the government, but we're in Marylandistan.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law. They have to “find you in possession “. So if they think you have it but you don’t :::no case. Is that how’s it’s gonna work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I see we are going down the "it could have been much worse" road again. F*ck all this sh*t. Let them pass it and increase the penalties ten fold. That's the only way some will ever get enough nerve to push back. I have said it before, it is going to take a tragedy to get through to some of these paid legislators. I truly believe some only vote to toe the party line and because they are paid to do so. Now is not the time to scrutinize the bill and point out its deficiencies. The entire bill is trash. There's no reasoning with these 'tards and it's gonna take some serious resistance to get to where we need to be.

I’m with you ! I almost wanted Hillary to win. Maybe we just need to “get this out of our system “. Vs this slow boiling of the frog”. Do it while I’m young enough to be part of the harder fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see we are going down the "it could have been much worse" road again. F*ck all this sh*t. Let them pass it and increase the penalties ten fold. That's the only way some will ever get enough nerve to push back. I have said it before, it is going to take a tragedy to get through to some of these paid legislators. I truly believe some only vote to toe the party line and because they are paid to do so. Now is not the time to scrutinize the bill and point out its deficiencies. The entire bill is trash. There's no reasoning with these 'tards and it's gonna take some serious resistance to get to where we need to be.

As much as you may disagree with my methods, I truly believe my backdoor tactic last Wednesday opened at least one set of eyes in the Senate Commission. Sen. Smith clearly got my message, and he is the committee chair.
    The PP and MSI didn't agree with my method, but I went to Analpolis (sic) and spoke my voice. I slept well that night knowing I did what was right.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    For the love of God when will we see our day of any justice? I mean even the liberal utopia of california won by ruling the magazine capacity ban was unconstitutional...infraction after another infraction! Where is the NRA or GOA?

IMO talking/writting to your local representatives is a waste of time...

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    The Firearms Protection Act of 1986

"No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established"

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    So that is will be for the everything ?

That's the way it seems, every semi auto center fire with detachable mag that you can think of, HBAR included.

The "registration" scheme is a type of grandfathering in the sense that you got time to get it on "the books" before they are closed.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    As much as you may disagree with my methods, I truly believe my backdoor tactic last Wednesday opened at least one set of eyes in the Senate Commission. Sen. Smith clearly got my message, and he is the committee chair.
    The PP and MSI didn't agree with my method, but I went to Analpolis (sic) and spoke my voice. I slept well that night knowing I did what was right.

Not referring to you. Saw your stunt and laughed my ass off.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    That's the way it seems, every semi auto center fire with detachable mag that you can think of, HBAR included.

The "registration" scheme is a type of grandfathering in the sense that you got time to get it on "the books" before the confiscation begins.

:innocent0

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    There are so many mistruths on the internet, and local news. How will Maryland officially notify me of requirements that sound totally preposterous?

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    This bill is nothing more than the MGA and the MSP trying to go retroactively to include firearms they didn't include in 2013 Safe Act. This bill is nothing more than the state trying to finding out who has what and where. I suspect they troll this site and others looking for information. They found out somehow that HBARs were not included in the 2013turd they pinched and realized they should have included those, they want another "bite at the apple" Well, this should be the line in the sand. We have three choices if this passes, comply and register before the fees kick in, divest yourself of the rifle, or not register a thing and take your chances.

From my reading of the piece of crp bill, if you already have an AR-15 that you purchased before the 2013turd you do not have to re-register the weapon.

I am praying this wont pass, and maybe it wont, for now, BUT, this doesn't mean they wont keep trying, or try in smaller moves.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    This bill is nothing more than the MGA and the MSP trying to go retroactively to include firearms they didn't include in 2013 Safe Act. This bill is nothing more than the state trying to finding out who has what and where. I suspect they troll this site and others looking for information. They found out somehow that HBARs were not included in the 2013turd they pinched and realized they should have included those, they want another "bite at the apple" Well, this should be the line in the sand. We have three choices if this passes, comply and register before the fees kick in, divest yourself of the rifle, or not register a thing and take your chances.

From my reading of the piece of crp bill, if you already have an AR-15 that you purchased before the 2013turd you do not have to re-register the weapon.

I am praying this wont pass, and maybe it wont, for now, BUT, this doesn't mean they wont keep trying, or try in smaller moves.

Known for years that the MGA has spies on here. Yesterday at one point there was 103 guests viewing this thread. 22 right now. They play dirty. Still, you're right, this bill is garbage and clearly further infringing on the most clearly written article in the Constitution.

RobbieDigital

Dec 29, 2016
    I just looked up my local representatives:
    US Senators:
    Benjamin L. Cardin
    Christopher Van Hollen Jr.
    US Representative: 4TH District
    Anthony G. Brown
    State Senator: District 31B
    Bryan W. Simonaire
    State Delegate(s): District 31B
    Brian A. Chisholm
    Nicholaus R. Kipke

The extent of my government knowledge can be summarized with one 9th grade class. Which of these would be the most appropriate POC to write a letter in regards to killing the bill?

I just looked up my local representatives:
    US Senators:
    Benjamin L. Cardin
    Christopher Van Hollen Jr.
    US Representative: 4TH District
    Anthony G. Brown
    State Senator: District 31B
    Bryan W. Simonaire
    State Delegate(s): District 31B
    Brian A. Chisholm
    Nicholaus R. Kipke

The extent of my government knowledge can be summarized with one 9th grade class. Which of these would be the most appropriate POC to write a letter in regards to killing the bill?

Bryan W. Simonaire
    Brian A. Chisholm
    Nicholaus R. Kipke

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom