• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob Lee $wagger

Roll Tide
    Jan 5, 2013
    Orange Beach, Alabama
    Just looking at the votes it sickens me to see how 3 counties ( PG , Montgomery, & Baltimore) can dictate how the people of the entire state live their lives.......just disgusting.

MD Designated Collector
    Utah non-resident CCW .....good in 30+ states but not in the People's Republic of OweMalleyland.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Demographics

Just looking at the votes it sickens me to see how 3 counties ( PG , Montgomery, & Baltimore) can dictate how the people of the entire state live their lives.......just disgusting.

MD Designated Collector
    Utah non-resident CCW .....good in 30+ states but not in the People's Republic of OweMalleyland.

Some years back, A Repub Candidate for GOV. (Ellen Souerbray) won every County in the State, except the 3 you mentioned, and Somerset....
    She lost the election.....Demographics, Demographics..
    Give a person a free lunch for the rest of their life, and they will vote for you every time, for the rest of their life.....over and over again......
    It's as plain as the demographics show....

R

Last edited:

WiseOldMan53

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Frederick MD
    Beidle needs to go for playing both sides. My understanding is that she voted against all pro 2a amendments and then voted against the bill.

The Dems know that she is vulnerable and had her vote against to try to save face for the uninformed.

This needs to be known.

This, This, This!! :thumbsup: Old trick and good on you for bringing it up!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

MD Designated Collector

It is because of the way the Maryland Constitution selects Senators and House Reps. They are ALL based upon population. If the Senate seats were done like the US Congress and each county got 2 Senators, this state would be a lot different. Wonder if we can get Constitutional Amendment done to change this.

Pretty sad that two struggling areas, Baltimore City and PG County, and a soon to be struggling area, Montgomery County, can decide politics for the entire state.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    this is interesting. from the press, Carter had strong reservations about the fingerprinting requirement. attack of conscience??

Yeah, but that might have been the ONLY reservation she had. I believe she was on the House Judiciary Committee and she voted SB281 out of the House Committees. If I was in Baltimore City, no way I would be voting for her after this.

Kind of amazing how politicians play this game. I guess they figure they can get one over on The People because they believe The People are morons, which I pretty much agree with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom