• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    :mad54:HBO910 really burns me up!!!

These A holes are going to try and sneak this through since we don't have 1000 people down there.

And if I just heard the pro witness correctly; the penalty for me and my 80% lower is 2 years vs Baltimore thug with stolen filed off serial glock could currently receive 18 months max???

I'm really struggling to not use a bunch of profanity.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    A hole just quoted 3 out of 10 guns confiscated in Balt are Ghost guns. But failed to mention it's cause the Fing serial was filed off!!!

Edit: that means 7 out of 10 Balt criminals don't even bother. I'll bet if they actually were succesful tracing stolen guns and prosecuting, it would be more like 9 out a 10 with the #'s filed off.

Last edited:

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    my god, the stupidity on display is mind boggling! Really a prohibited person can know legally build and own a ghost gun???? When did that happen?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It's already illegal to sell home built guns, as it is to sell any gun to someone not eligible; you dumb twit:smack:

Ummm, No, it's not.

Provided you originally built the firearm for your own use, and at a later date decide to sell it.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Ummm, No, it's not.

Provided you originally built the firearm for your own use, and at a later date decide to sell it.

So your saying if I want to sell my 80% 300BO pistol all I need to do is put it in the classifieds???? I don't think so.

Maybe primitive i.e. Black powder rifle kits are GTG for resale, but not a regulated AR pistol, Glock P80, carbine, rifle etc. That is a Federal violation.

Actually if these morons get their way and I'm forced to serialize all 80% lowers, then I see unintended consequences of; anyone can be a gun builder free to resell.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    So your saying if I want to sell my 80% 300BO pistol all I need to do is put it in the classifieds???? I don't think so.

Maybe primitive i.e. Black powder rifle kits are GTG for resale, but not a regulated AR pistol, Glock P80, carbine, rifle etc. That is a Federal violation.

Actually if these morons get their way and I'm forced to serialize all 80% lowers, then I see unintended consequences of; anyone can be a gun builder free to resell.

Ummmmmm ....

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

Actually, if they get their way with this bill as written, you will be a criminal if you possess any homemade firearm, whether or not you etch a serial number on it. That is because a licensed manufacturer or importer, who the bill says must serialize the firearm, can only serialize what they manufacture or import themselves, under Federal law. It would be a violation of Federal law and ATF regs for a Federally-licensed manufacturer or importer to serialize your homemade gun for you. And the morons who worded the bill know that.

This bill is a defacto ban on hobbyist-built firearms, and has no grandfathering clause for continuing possession of previously built ones. Even California's anti-homebuilt law doesn't go that far.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Federal? No not in the least. Maryland, maybe. It has to be in the handgun roster to be sold in the state. Not sure a copy of a firearm would work. So probably couldn’t be sold in the state.

An AR receiver you could build an 80% in to a finished full firearm and sell it in MD legally today. However it would be a federal crime if your intention was to build said firearm FOR SALE OR TRANSFER. If you built it for yourself and later decided to sell it. Completely legal on a federal and state if Maryland level.

Handguns have different rules, but that is STATE law.

And no, requiring serializing would not result in everyone making and selling guns. Man, it sounds like you need to do a ton of reading up on federal law, ATF regulations and state law.

The law of the land is you may not make guns with the intention of selling them or on behalf of another person without a manufacturers or gunsmiths license. You may manufacture firearms for personal use. If you later decide to sell them, you may do so. But see the previous restrictions. If you made one and sold it a week later, the ATF is going to look very squinty eyed at you if they somehow found that out. Going to be hard to claim you made it for yourself and decided you didn’t want it in the end. And not that you made it with the intention of selling it.

Serial numbers have nothing to do with legality of sale.

I have a lot of problems with registration. However if Maryland really does have such a tight wad concern with “untraceable guns” they can require home made firearms to be a fixed with a serial number issued by the Maryland State Police prior to manufacture and all current ones to have one added by “insert some reasonable date in the future”.

I have problems with that.

A lot fewer than the government telling me I have to destroy or remove my property from the state or become a criminal. Oh and that hence forth I cannot make
    Any firearms for myself and precursor parts (aluminum blocks!) are also banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom