• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Hillary's health was ruined by the air travel while she was Secry of State ... she is R&R'ing to see if she even can run. DO NOT be surprised if she announces that she will not run.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Hillary's health was ruined by the air travel while she was Secry of State ... she is R&R'ing to see if she even can run. DO NOT be surprised if she announces that she will not run.

those that voted for barry would vote for her.

bbuss

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 30, 2012
    Maryland is doomed; both legislative chambers are voted in by the populous of a geographical area. This in turn takes the legislative balance out of the equation. Until then i think it's best to entertain the idea mentioned earlier about getting out of this state.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I am still hopeful for judicial smack down ... IL/DC style. The farther they go, the more likely they are to fail.

Feb 28, 2013
    We did not win. Nor the war of 1812.

:bs:

All that happened is we raised the price of their victory beyond what they were willing to pay.

Is that so?

Since you so blithely dismiss our history answer me this. If Cornwallis wasn't humiliated or "butthurt", whichever term you prefer, at the hands of George Washington and a bunch of ragtag upstart subjects, thus severely bruising King George's ego, then why come back and try it again 25 years later?

And in 1812 we got beat hard. We lost the war flat out but a negotiated piece saved our bacon.

Wait...what?

I said it the last time you spouted this bilge, and I'll repeat it again in case you didn't understand it the first time. They tried. They made it as far as Ft. McHenry, where they were stopped cold. They left, and we're still here.:cool:

I will waste no words on those who fail to grasp this simple fact.

:blah:

And why's that? Because you're full of it?

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    It just drives me insane to hear people denigrate the folks moving out as "quitters", "losers", and "fleeing".
    it goes both ways when you have people calling MD gun owners "enablers" and "quislings."

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    It just drives me insane to hear people denigrate the folks moving out as "quitters", "losers", and "fleeing". It is a rational and sane response to a proposal that, when viewed from a certain angle, really does look like a very long shot.

I don't denigrate those who move out. I just don't have any tolerance for those who denigrate those who stay. Not everyone has the choice/opportunity to move. I'd have moved south several years ago if not for health issues and the fact any job connections I have are here if I am able to work again.
    As for those who move to VA, or even PA, they'll be moving again in a few years.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    my days of trying to talk to a liberal to educate them are over. I usually just end up with a headache

they don't think with facts and reality, therefore education has no effect on them.

think emotions, fairies, unicorns, then you will understand how a liberals mind works :)

Talking does no good to the closed minded. I have libtard friends that feel I'm a danger to society while they are driving drunk 5x a week.
    I sincerely feel that taking as many people shooting as you can will do more to help sway the votes. I've seen groups of women coming out of a range and the 1st timers saying it's the most fun they've ever had.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Along with the HBAR loop hole I believe the .308AR is also next which is why I bought one this week. When you see jack ass LGS going on TV and saying how much more powerful they are than a .223 it's only a matter of time.

Feb 28, 2013
    Makes you wonder how we ever won the Revolution.

Well, even back then they had their share of pacifists and Stockholm Syndrome cases. After all, from what I've read most of the Colonists didn't support the Revolutionary War. Thankfully enough did to achieve the result that they got.

I think a lot more folks were driven by conviction and principle then there are now, as opposed to catching the latest episode of "American Idol" or whatever the current fad happens to be.

Along with the HBAR loop hole I believe the .308AR is also next which is why I bought one this week. When you see jack ass LGS going on TV and saying how much more powerful they are than a .223 it's only a matter of time.

I see you point, but let's not call it a "loophole", instead of what it is which is a specific exemption in the law.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't denigrate those who move out. I just don't have any tolerance for those who denigrate those who stay. Not everyone has the choice/opportunity to move. I'd have moved south several years ago if not for health issues and the fact any job connections I have are here if I am able to work again.
    I very much agree that name-calling those who stay and fight is dishonorable and uncalled for.

As for those who move to VA, or even PA, they'll be moving again in a few years.
    I agree that you need to choose wisely, preferably picking a state that's improving their laws rather than debating gun control. The place we're looking at made a few very nice changes over the past few years for the better, and passed their last bill, the one that finally convinced me to look seriously at the state, nearly unanimously with full support across the aisle.

WeiShen

Oct 7, 2013
    Ward 7
    And in 1812 we got beat hard. We lost the war flat out...

Dumbest thing I've read today. Baltimore Harbor, Plattsburgh, Horseshoe Bend, New York, and New Orleans just didn't happen eh?

I'll await a check in the mail for wasting my time reading this post.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I thought the definition of winning a war was your enemy running out of resources or the will to fight.

According to some, that's not the definition.

My mistake.

:sad20:

N00bSh00ter

Feb 6, 2014
    MoCo
    Talking does no good to the closed minded. I have libtard friends that feel I'm a danger to society while they are driving drunk 5x a week.

I sincerely feel that taking as many people shooting as you can will do more to help sway the votes. I've seen groups of women coming out of a range and the 1st timers saying it's the most fun they've ever had.

I have brought several friends to the range in my limited time shooting. All have had a wonderful time. Even a very liberal anti-gun friend from Massachusetts has changed her mind. I think once people realize that most people who shoot are rational, responsible people (we are, aren't we?), the stigma that the anti-gun lobby tries to paint begins to fade. The thinking is that anyone who owns a gun is crazy, therefore, their arguments are already invalid. Screaming and shouting things like "libtard" and "hippes" and whatever else in response doesn't really help our case.

I'm a journalist, a registered independent, and about as far from the stereotypical gun owner as a person can get, and I think that has helped some people around me begin to question their pre-conceived notions on the issue. Of course, as we all have the right to own a gun (at least, we're supposed to), we also have the right to choose NOT to own a gun. Therefore, it should be okay for people to choose not to arm themselves so long as they can accept it is okay for others to choose TO arm themselves. That's only going to come by remaining the more thoughtful, peaceful, well-reasoned side-- something that doesn't always get demonstrated by some who choose to fight the issue.

I think the best way to get people (voters, not brain-washed politicians) to change their minds is not to scream, shout, and intimidate, but to demonstrate, and by doing so, we'll slowly quash the irrational fears people build for themselves. We cannot fight emotion with more emotion, which is what has been demonstrated to a pretty large extent on this thread. It doesn't work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    It comes down to the 2nd Amendment being understood as a Civil Right. Once you get over that hurdle, whichever way you lean, left or right, or straight up the middle, you almost always get on board for supporting the 2nd.

Actually showing people that 99% of gun owners are prototypical picket fence Americans is by far the fastest route to turning people around.

Many city-folk seem to think that everyone outside of their experience should be a bad guy extra on "Justified". The reality is that most gun owners are probably just like their parents, grandparents, and people who they wish they knew better.

Gundahar

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It comes down to the 2nd Amendment being understood as a Civil Right. Once you get over that hurdle, whichever way you lean, left or right, or straight up the middle, you almost always get on board for supporting the 2nd.

Actually showing people that 99% of gun owners are prototypical picket fence Americans is by far the fastest route to turning people around.

Many city-folk seem to think that everyone outside of their experience should be a bad guy extra on "Justified". The reality is that most gun owners are probably just like their parents, grandparents, and people who they wish they knew better.

Gundahar

There are plenty of city folk who are pro-2A as well ... don't be prejudiced

Feb 28, 2013
    There are plenty of city folk who are pro-2A as well ... don't be prejudiced

Prejudice often has a basis in fact of some sort or another. Pro 2A city dwellers are VERY few and far between, but I'll take allies where I can find 'em.:)

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I expect it in 2015.

They don't want to stir the hornet's nest in an election year.

I think the gun controllers' next move will be to close the "shotgun and rifle loophole." Do you know that it's possible to walk into a gun store and buy a shotgun or rifle without any license, waiting period or state police review, and that those guns are not even registered? And if the sale is person-to-person, there's not even a background check? This loophole is what caused the Columbia Mall mass shooting. How many more innocent children have to die senselessly before we enact reasonable, common-sense reforms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom