• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sep 29, 2015
    Delmarva
    I could be wrong but I thought that any 300blk is good to go due to the thickness being enough for MSP to consider them all "heavy". Someone else may know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I could be wrong but I thought that any 300blk is good to go due to the thickness being enough for MSP to consider them all "heavy". Someone else may know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 300BLK barrels out there that measures .700 behind the gas block and .645 in front of it.

They are lightweight barrels because a .30 bore removes more material than a .223 bore.

Look into AR Stoner for 300BLK barrels on Midway USA.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    I was thinking the need to HBAR only applied to 556, so it didnt apply to the 300 blkout or the 308...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    But under the COPY requirements, if the rifle will interchange single parts and still function, then it is still banned.

.300 BO is only a difference in the barrel. So swapping any one part, will still allow the rifle to function (with the proper ammo).

Plenty of Heavy .300 BO barrels available.

Anderson does not say so on their webpage, but if you email them, their .300 barrels are Heavy contour.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    But under the COPY requirements, if the rifle will interchange single parts and still function, then it is still banned.

Not correct. Going by that logic, being able to swap hand grips, buttstocks, trigger guards, or any spring would ban it. Have you seen subsequent clarifications by MSP?

While it might be banned under the copycat test depending on how the rifle is configured, the copycat test says nothing about HBAR. I'm looking at FSA2013 as I write this. Copycat and HBAR are unrelated sections of FSA2013.

Feb 28, 2013

.300 BO is only a difference in the barrel. So swapping any one part, will still allow the rifle to function (with the proper ammo).

Plenty of Heavy .300 BO barrels available.

Anderson does not say so on their webpage, but if you email them, their .300 barrels are Heavy contour.

Will a 5.56 bolt work with .300 Blk?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    IIRC, MSP was only cracking down on 223/556 chambered AR's. Just because the 300BLK uses a standard 556 BCG, does not mean it is a copycat weapon. Different caliber means that it can not fire 223/556. Build it with the barrel you want, as long as it doesn't have the notch on the barrel. But then again, I haven't seen a 300BLK barrel with the notch for a GL.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Only caliber(s) with barrel weight requirement per FSA2013 are .223/5.56mm.

There are no calibers listed for the AR 15 ban. But if Colt made it, it's banned. Unless it has a heavy barrel

Colt made '223/5.56
    9mm
    7.62x39

If they made others they are banned as well. Unless they have heavy barrels.

Per MSP, heavy barrels are marked or marketed as such.

With 300blk all the parts are interchangeable except the barrel.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Not correct. Going by that logic, being able to swap hand grips, buttstocks, trigger guards, or any spring would ban it. Have you seen subsequent clarifications by MSP?

While it might be banned under the copycat test depending on how the rifle is configured, the copycat test says nothing about HBAR. I'm looking at FSA2013 as I write this. Copycat and HBAR are unrelated sections of FSA2013.

No, you have to be able to swap ANY one of ALL the parts and have it function.

So yes, if you can swap the hand grips, that would go to proving a copy, but if you cannot swap the bolt, or the barrel, or the firing pin, or the trigger, it would not be a copy.

If it not that you can swap just one part, but that you can swap EVERY part, but one at a time

But by the AG (NOT MSP, this came from the AG) letter, if the grip does not swap, it is not a copy. :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    IIRC, MSP was only cracking down on 223/556 chambered AR's. Just because the 300BLK uses a standard 556 BCG, does not mean it is a copycat weapon. Different caliber means that it can not fire 223/556. Build it with the barrel you want, as long as it doesn't have the notch on the barrel. But then again, I haven't seen a 300BLK barrel with the notch for a GL.

NOT copycat, COPY. Copy cat is the 29" length, any 2 of 3 evil features, etc.

Nowhere does it say a different caliber is not a copy. And the ban list does not specify caliber.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    With 300blk all the parts are interchangeable except the barrel.

Barrel is interchangeable. The barrel is the ONLY part that is different.

But if I have a 5.56 AR and a .300 BlkOut AR, and swap the barrels, they will both still work. Just have to put the right ammo in each.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Barrel is interchangeable. The barrel is the ONLY part that is different.

But if I have a 5.56 AR and a .300 BlkOut AR, and swap the barrels, they will both still work. Just have to put the right ammo in each.

My bad. Meant to say the only part that is different on a 300blk AR, is the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom