• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I am thinking about buying one. I've fondled, researched, shot and priced them. I can get an optics ready with 5 magazines for around $615 OTD.
    Hellcat owners with experience please chime in and let me know your experiences.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    I have a Hellcat pro. I like the sights but the trigger sucked on mine. Swapped it out for an MCARBO trigger and it shoots much better. I just bought a Shield Plus, I shoot it a little better then the Hellcat and I didn't have to upgrade the trigger.

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    I am thinking about buying one. I've fondled, researched, shot and priced them. I can get an optics ready with 5 magazines for around $615 OTD.
    Hellcat owners with experience please chime in and let me know your experiences.

They are one of our top sellers in the shop. I will be running a sale on that one (model HC9319BOSPGU22) for $540 which would be about $575 OTD.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I have two Hellcats. One with the great iron sights and an OSP model with a Swampfox red dot. I am happy with both. I put Talon grip overlays on each.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    They are one of our top sellers in the shop. I will be running a sale on that one (model HC9319BOSPGU22) for $540 which would be about $575 OTD.

Attachments

• spanky-surprised-header.jpg
      spanky-surprised-header.jpg
      26.6 KB · Views: 82

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hellcat with the Shield SMS here. I liked it a lot it fits my hand very well. I thought the stock trigger was OK (Better than Glock not as good as my CZ). However, I upgraded to an Apex trigger kit and I like much better. It’s my main carry option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Guess I'll jump in and say...me too. Went through the usual micro suspects and this did it for me.
    Have used for a couple years and a good choice if you're carrying. Have 10, 11, 13 and 15 round mags and three different holster types depending on the need.

In case you missed it.

wc-jpg.372171

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I've been carrying a Hellcat Pro...some...lately. I've come to the conclusion that 15 rounds is heavy.

My experience with it is with a few different Alien Gear holsters because I have them already and just needed to buy an extra shell or two to change out.

-Cloak Tuck 3.5 IWB. Nope, don't like it. If not wearing an undershirt, the grip rubs my skin raw. I use this holster mainly for my Walther PPS M2.

-Cloak Belt OWB, this one is okay. Still heavy at the end of the day and lots of shifting on the belt as I get in and out of vehicles many times a day making deliveries. Inability to forward cant is annoying, but this holster is not hateful. Also using this one mainly for my Walther.

-Cloak Mod OWB paddle holster. This one is my main holster for the Pro. Ability to cant and ease of taking on and off belt makes it very convenient. I also have a docking station (Cloak Dock) that is mounted to my desk at work that I love. When I'm going to be in the office all day, this is what I have.

-Cloak Slide-I tried this for a day and sent it back. Do not like it, for any gun. Re-holstering takes 2 hands.

Call me an Alien Gear fan boy if you like, it just happens to be the platform that I have and works for me. I ordered a Versacarry the other day to try.

As far as shooting it goes, I like the sights. I like the grip and ergonomics. The gun shoots a little (very slightly) low left for me. (I thought it was me, its not, my other ones shoot fine) I have not attempted to adjust the sights yet. Not sure if I'll go with any optics, that would be a whole 'nother holster nightmare.

Edited to add: I have noticed that to insert mags, you really need to slam them in there. I mean hard.

No experience with the standard Hellcat. I carry my Walther much more than the Pro.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I've been carrying a Hellcat Pro...some...lately. I've come to the conclusion that 15 rounds is heavy.

You can only bend the laws of physics but so far .

As Micro Pistols get larger variants , and hold more rounds , they get bigger and heavier . It's only slightly a joke when I observe that as Micro's get bigger and bigger , they will overlap with " normal compact " pistols .

Of note , you report preferring to carry your PPS M2 over the oversize Hellcat . So embrace the carrying of the normal pistol .

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    You can only bend the laws of physics but so far .

As Micro Pistols get larger variants , and hold more rounds , they get bigger and heavier . It's only slightly a joke when I observe that as Micro's get bigger and bigger , they will overlap with " normal compact " pistols .

Of note , you report preferring to carry your PPS M2 over the oversize Hellcat . So embrace the carrying of the normal pistol .
    Of note, soon to be carrying an LCP II, lol.

spank308

Jul 24, 2012
    I have a hellcat. Like other post , trigger is a bit gritty . I may put a trigger upgrade. Love the pistol though.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    When I was in Shrewsbury PA at Brown's Orchard, I stopped by Freedom Armory. They had the 15 round S.A. Hellcat magazines with sleeve for $49.95.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Hellcat Pro here. It's a bit heavy, but fits my paw better than the Micro Hellcat. Been carrying in a Sneaky Pete holster. Have leather IWB and a Kydek OWB too.

Got it at Sportsmen Warehouse in Chambersburg, PA. Gun with five mags, carry bag, and range bag for $599 + tax.

ETA - love living in PA. New Driver's License at 10 a.m. walking out of store with new Hellcat at 1 o'clock, and it was a 45 min. drive from Gettysburg where I got my license and included a 45 minute outage on the PA firearms system!!!!

Applied for CCW license late Monday night, Approved Early Thursday morning. First appointment to pickup was the next Monday morning. Girls comment was "oh, you're one of my two PA residents today, and the schedule is full" Damn you Marylander's.....

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    When I was in Shrewsbury PA at Brown's Orchard, I stopped by Freedom Armory. They had the 15 round S.A. Hellcat magazines with sleeve for $49.95.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    MSRP on SA web site is $43. I see it other places on-line for under $40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom