• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Hello,
    I'm in the Navy and I've shot military rifles and various pistols before but never had the chance to own one. I decided to buy my first rifle a few weeks ago and after a lot of research, I went with a Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP .223. I read good things about the rifle itself and it included Nikon Prostaff scope for a decent price.
    I took a 1.5hr drive to Delmarva rifle range and spent most of today (6 hrs) there and went through about 160 rounds sighting in and then just shooting targets at 25, 100 and 200. It was my first time at a range alone but It was a pretty nice place, people there were friendly and considerate.

I've been reading a lot of posts around the forum and there's a lot of great information here, I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Howdy neighbor! Welcome to the show!

We like DSC too. Leeann has been known to run a few hundred rounds thru some handguns there from time to time. My kid and I shoot a few handgun rounds there, but us redheads usually shoot a little more long gun fun.

Maybe we will see you there sometime.

mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    Welcome. The Meade Rifle and Pistol club isn't too far from you, they shoot monthly at FGGM Ranges. It's also a good way to get your range badge at AGC.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 84

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Hello,
    I'm in the Navy and I've shot military rifles and various pistols before but never had the chance to own one. I decided to buy my first rifle a few weeks ago and after a lot of research, I went with a Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP .223. I read good things about the rifle itself and it included Nikon Prostaff scope for a decent price.
    I took a 1.5hr drive to Delmarva rifle range and spent most of today (6 hrs) there and went through about 160 rounds sighting in and then just shooting targets at 25, 100 and 200. It was my first time at a range alone but It was a pretty nice place, people there were friendly and considerate.

I've been reading a lot of posts around the forum and there's a lot of great information here, I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Come to Anne Arundel Fish and Game. This is a nice place to shoot and meet gun enthusiasts .... The Savage is a good choice.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Hello,

http://aafg.org/

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom