• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sessojb

Dec 29, 2011
    Churchton, MD
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Bruce and I've lived in Maryland all my life. I've owned firearms most of my adult life and really didn't give them too much of a thought until recently. Over the last year our neighborhood has experienced more “foot traffic” between communities. Long story short..the Police are aware of some of these people and have instructed us to call them when these individuals appear to loitering for no reason. On one fine morning at 3:45 am I was walking my dogs before work and happened upon 2 individuals who were not where they were supposed to be. They actually asked me for directions? January...middle of the night...no jacket on just t-shirts. I thought for sure these were bad guys casing our houses. If it wasn't for the fact I had my 2 dogs with me, one being an 80 lbs Lab barking like crazy, I'm not sure what would have happened. House unlocked, wife inside asleep. I started to do some research about purchasing a small handgun for protection which brought me to your web site. Man..a ton of great information here!

I must say I feel so good about my beloved State in that they, in effect, allow criminals to carry but infringe upon the law abiding citizen's inherent right given by God to protect themselves. :sarcasm:

I've joined MSI and will participate in support of their efforts to change the laws as much as I can. Thank you for this website!

Sincerely,
    Bruce

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Helpful Hints Video[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Hidey Ho from SMIBville. Sorry to hear about your Hood so you might want your sweet lemonade (official beverage) a little on the hard side. So settle in and enjoy the show.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Over the last year our neighborhood has experienced more “foot traffic” between communities. Long story short..the Police are aware of some of these people and have instructed us to call them when these individuals appear to loitering for no reason. On one fine morning at 3:45 am I was walking my dogs before work and happened upon 2 individuals who were not where they were supposed to be. They actually asked me for directions? January...middle of the night...no jacket on just t-shirts.

Hmmm, section 8 housing or "undocumented guest workers"?

sessojb

Dec 29, 2011
    Churchton, MD
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!

@tatoocrab...The place has gotten bad. I've lived here since 1992. A few weeks ago several perps robbed the Heavenly Grill. I mean...they have a picture of Jesus painted on the wall behind the counter. I mean...really???

recent purchases:

Rossi .357 snubby
    P226 SIG Sauer 9mm :party29:

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Welcome to the forum Bruce, It is a shame our "small towns" are being invaded by predators. In your original post you were looking for a "Small Handgun", I see you got
    2 not so small pieces, good choice! Be safe and welcome to the group.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Welcome aboard Bruce! My 85-lb. Lab has discouraged bad guys on several of our evening/night walks. Wish they'd get "shall issue" passed so that I can back her up better.

whis

Aug 27, 2009
    Western Maryland
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Bruce and I've lived in Maryland all my life. I've owned firearms most of my adult life and really didn't give them too much of a thought until recently. Over the last year our neighborhood has experienced more “foot traffic” between communities. Long story short..the Police are aware of some of these people and have instructed us to call them when these individuals appear to loitering for no reason. On one fine morning at 3:45 am I was walking my dogs before work and happened upon 2 individuals who were not where they were supposed to be. They actually asked me for directions? January...middle of the night...no jacket on just t-shirts. I thought for sure these were bad guys casing our houses. If it wasn't for the fact I had my 2 dogs with me, one being an 80 lbs Lab barking like crazy, I'm not sure what would have happened. House unlocked, wife inside asleep. I started to do some research about purchasing a small handgun for protection which brought me to your web site. Man..a ton of great information here!

I must say I feel so good about my beloved State in that they, in effect, allow criminals to carry but infringe upon the law abiding citizen's inherent right given by God to protect themselves. :sarcasm:

I've joined MSI and will participate in support of their efforts to change the laws as much as I can. Thank you for this website!

Sincerely,
    Bruce

Franklin Manor or Cape Anne? Lived in Franklin Manor from the late 60's to the early 80's, back when it was nice quiet place. Not sure, but I think I know JTARPLEY. He's from that area.

sessojb

Dec 29, 2011
    Churchton, MD
    Franklin Manor or Cape Anne? Lived in Franklin Manor from the late 60's to the early 80's, back when it was nice quiet place. Not sure, but I think I know JTARPLEY. He's from that area.

Broadwater Farms. Just before the Churchton Post Office. My Parents lived in Franklin Manor in the 80's which is why we chose to live here. We love this place. Sad it is changing.

Doberdad

Feb 23, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    Welcome aboard Bruce! My 85-lb. Lab has discouraged bad guys on several of our evening/night walks. Wish they'd get "shall issue" passed so that I can back her up better.

Yeah, our 90lb Doberman gets by on his looks, but he needs backup...more bark than bite - haha.

Welcome aboard Bruce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom