• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkin' Logs

May 5, 2015
    Hi guys,
    I've been a long time reader of the forums and member of a few other firearm forums, but the irony finally caught up with that wasn't a member here. I originally hail from Garrett County also known as the "The Frozen West" here in MD. I grew up in the mountains and my grandfather was the biggest gun nut in Deep Creek, during his time and had a collection of of close to 300 guns. Everything from original production 1911s and original Colt SAA and Old English Fowling pieces to cheap single barrel shotguns. We went hunting, camping, fishing, and of course, plinking and I really believe this past led me to be the guy I am today

I am a rifleman by birth, a shotgunner by right, and a second rate pistol marksman :lol2:. Looking for help navigating the labyrinth of nonsensical Maryland "black gun" laws, and looking foward to connecting with my fellow MD shooters.

Plinkin' Logs

May 5, 2015
    Good question. I left mostly for work and for my college education, but I am still the joint owner of a house up there that was built by my grandfather. I still try to sneak up there a few times a year, even when the weather is bad for a few weeks at a time. It is such a beautiful place and it more beautiful every time I go it seems. If nothing else I can say Garrett County is a hell of a driving school. I have already pegged it as the place I intend to retire in. And once work prevails I plan to buy a couple acres and build a house up in the woods.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Good question. I left mostly for work and for my college education, but I am still the joint owner of a house up there that was built by my grandfather. I still try to sneak up there a few times a year, even when the weather is bad for a few weeks at a time. It is such a beautiful place and it more beautiful every time I go it seems. If nothing else I can say Garrett County is a hell of a driving school. I have already pegged it as the place I intend to retire in. And once work prevails I plan to buy a couple acres and build a house up in the woods.

Sounds good.

Have family up there and we go up several times a year. Great place.

If I was to buy land make no doubt it would be another 15-40 mins away in WV.

Western MD is awesome...besides the fact it's still in MD.

Part of Owings Mills are still very nice the downside is to go shopping, out to dinner, or send your kids to school you have to deal with the not so great parts.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join the fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Plinkin' Logs

May 5, 2015
    Sounds good.

Have family up there and we go up several times a year. Great place.

If I was to buy land make no doubt it would be another 15-40 mins away in WV.

Western MD is awesome...besides the fact it's still in MD.

Part of Owings Mills are still very nice the downside is to go shopping, out to dinner, or send your kids to school you have to deal with the not so great parts.

LOL, the joke was always that Maryland should annex Garrett to WV, most people think we must be from there anyway or can't tell the difference.

Thanks for the invite, I an I will. Its an exciting time right now for MSI with Kolbe vs Hogan. Got my fingers crossed that we can overturn this mess

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom