• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jfrost

Feb 3, 2015
    Hello! Im originally from the MoCo/HoCo area teaching in South Korea, and will be returning in the Summer. Ive talked to a a few pretty nice people here and wanted to give a proper hello. Before I went on my trip I did a bit of target practice with handguns (I love the Kimber 1911 .45) out in Severn and had a chance to us an AR-15 at another range. I found it relaxing and fun! Past that I would only shoot pellets and BB's with my father and mother on camping trips out in Deep Creek. I have much to learn from you guys and hope to even purchase my first gun when I return!

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Well, hello back!

How you liking your asian adventure so far?

You'll find the 2A community very welcoming and helpful, we're always happy to lend a hand and some advice.

Just be aware that if you move back to MOCO it is kind of a hostile environment to gun friendly people.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    Welcome aboard, there's another member in S.K. maybe you guys can get together and eat Kim chi. Can't stand it myself

Jfrost

Feb 3, 2015
    Well, hello back!

How you liking your asian adventure so far?

You'll find the 2A community very welcoming and helpful, we're always happy to lend a hand and some advice.

Just be aware that if you move back to MOCO it is kind of a hostile environment to gun friendly people.

I have heard a bit about that but I hope with the new Governor somethings will change for us. Actually because of all the anti-gun stuff I would hear growing up, I wanted to learn more about guns to learn for myself rather than simply take what everyone was saying.

foodpoison said:
    Welcome aboard, there's another member in S.K. maybe you guys can get together and eat Kim chi. Can't stand it myself

Cool! I hope to run into them. Are they military? As for the kimchi my first few months here I refused to eat it. I tried and didnt like it. But, Ive grown used to it and even like it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 182

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome from the Smokeys. Enjoy your stay.

Hope your trip home is a safe one. Consider your next county carefully. While MD is not gun friendly, there are mo betta and downright awful places to live when it comes to ownership and use. Plenty of solid folks (here) willing to provide (generally) good, even great advice.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I have heard a bit about that but I hope with the new Governor somethings will change for us. Actually because of all the anti-gun stuff I would hear growing up, I wanted to learn more about guns to learn for myself rather than simply take what everyone was saying.

Cool! I hope to run into them. Are they military? As for the kimchi my first few months here I refused to eat it. I tried and didnt like it. But, Ive grown used to it and even like it.

Same here, first time I tried it over there I hated it, but now I love it. Yakee mon du, OB beer and Bul Go Gee. :D

Do the street vendors still fry yakee mon du at a price of 12 for a buck?

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    Welcome aboard! As a member of the US Navy I travel to Korea often and I love the food there. Lots of time in Seoul, Pyongteak and Busan for this kid. If I get over there before you leave we'll have to go get a Soju and some BBQ together.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Hello! Im originally from the MoCo/HoCo area teaching in South Korea, and will be returning in the Summer. Ive talked to a a few pretty nice people here and wanted to give a proper hello. Before I went on my trip I did a bit of target practice with handguns (I love the Kimber 1911 .45) out in Severn and had a chance to us an AR-15 at another range. I found it relaxing and fun! Past that I would only shoot pellets and BB's with my father and mother on camping trips out in Deep Creek. I have much to learn from you guys and hope to even purchase my first gun when I return!

I taught my wife with a pellet gun. When camping shew got so goof I put the cans on end and she was shooting out the bottom at 40 yards.she loves shooting my .22 but her favorite is my .308 Bolt gun. A pellet gun can teach all the basic's but you need to master not anticipating the recall and noise on a regular firearm.. Thats the key. You have a good start at the basics and should make a fine shooter.
    Oh and welcome. .45 is my personal favorite my .357 Dan wession is my wifes.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    Howdy from Frederick!

I was stationed at Osan AB for a year (2001-2002) and found most of the food pretty tasty. Bring back plenty of soju! I do miss OB Lager. I had an OB glass that someone broke a few months ago. I was heartbroken.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    <--- was born at Yongsan Army Hospital. Does anyone still go to Tae Chan Beach? We used to rent a house there for a week over the summer from 78-81.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom