• ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Happy New Year folks.

I just joined your forum.

My wife and I are in the process of moving from NJ to somewhere a bit warmer. One criterion for our new home state is not having to kiss anyone's a$$ to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights. As you may have heard, NJ and NY have both passed wide-ranging laws that seek to neutralize last summer's supreme court ruling. How's the climate in Maryland?

1. MD was a tough state for CC before the ruling. How about now? Has it become easier?
    2. Is your legislature attempting the same illegal pseudo-remedies as NJ?
    3. Has the climate for CC and guns generally improved since the summer, deteriorated, or stayed the same?
    4. Overall feelings about your state's firearm and CC laws?

Sorry for the laundry list, and of course you don't have to answer all those questions. I value the advice of rank and file much more so than any article or "expert's" opinion on this matter.

Sincerely,
    I highlighted what I think is the most important statement of your post. If that's what you want, MD may not be what you're looking for, and I'd look into points further south.

I'll try to answer your questions with my own opinions:

1. It's easier, for now - I'm sure the powers that be are looking for ways to subvert the current "shall issue" status.
    2. Yes.
    3. The climate is the same with the exception of the state now being effectively "shall issue" for CC permits, but ultimately this is still not a gun-friendly state.
    4. I don't like the state's firearms laws, and my goal is to leave the state, if not the region - southern PA or just over the line into WVa is the current goal.

Ultimately, I'd like to move to a state where they aren't trying to regulate everything, and I'd like to move to a state where it's a little easier to shoot without worrying about the mass of population. Another goal would be to go somewhere I can set up my own personal range on my property and not be bothered when I use it. A couple of months ago I was back home in Nebraska with a friend where we were shooting at a guy's personal range at his house. That was a good time - just the two of us, doing what we wanted, when we wanted and how we wanted.

Regarding the weather, we get about the same weather as you - again, I'd consider points further south unless you're trying to stay somewhat close to NJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom