• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    Kick ass pics! I'd love to do some wheeling in my KJ, but there aren't any good (and legal) places in MD to go. Any suggestions????

I'm pretty sure there is someplace in DE, between Dover and Milford, and if I'm right there is some annual type Jeepsters event there. I recall seeing signs back when I traveled that area alot and meant to check it out as someplace to take my Pathfinder, which I don't have anymore.
    Last time I did any wheeling, besides the driveway in winter, was at the canal which has generally been bad luck.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Kick ass pics! I'd love to do some wheeling in my KJ, but there aren't any good (and legal) places in MD to go. Any suggestions????

1000025cropsa6.jpg

My club goes to George Washington National Forest in Va/WVA. It's very moderate wheelin' for the beginners, plenty of camping. I'll have to look-there has to be a range nearby. Maybe a camping/wheeling/shooting trip to VA?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    There is aplace in Gore VA that has 6000 acres, plenty of camping, a shitty range (sand pit littered with spent caseings) and pretty good wheeling.

I've been there a few times with Bigdogs Off Road.

Between you guys and my QTM at work talking about his time working for Land Rover I'm getting back into 4 wheeling quickly.

I priced out a 3.5" lift and some BFG 31x10.5's yesterday. It's looking like the time to build another jeep is here!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Maybe Cronus will chime in -- he's the pro at putting wheeling trips together:) Maybe he'll also know if there is a public range in the area.

We go camping up in Savage River/Big Run State Forest and I know I've heard people speak about a public range up there. Maybe some of our western Md members can report on that. Anything public near Deep Creek Lake?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Sorry Jeepman.

We totally hijacked your thread.

Anyway, I'm going to be figuring out the $$$$$ part of the lift, and hopefully ordering it next week!

It's gonna be great to have a lifted Jeep again. This baby Cherokee is starting to get annoying.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    I'm pretty sure there is someplace in DE, between Dover and Milford, and if I'm right there is some annual type Jeepsters event there. I recall seeing signs back when I traveled that area alot and meant to check it out as someplace to take my Pathfinder, which I don't have anymore.
    Last time I did any wheeling, besides the driveway in winter, was at the canal which has generally been bad luck.

Your probably talking about the Eastern Shore Jeep Association's land. I know they have some land around that area somewhere.

DAVIDMAGNUM

Oct 19, 2007
    Federalsburg
    .............. I'm a member of Marshyhope Rod and Gun. I have BRD (Black Rifle Disease). :party29:

Welcome from the treasurer of Marshyhope Rod & Gun Club!
    I don't recall seeing that jeep at the club? I hope you are one of the few people at the club that actually shoot. The lack of turn out at club shoots lead me to this group and the fun time at Delmarva Sporting Clays. It amazes me that out of 250 members we get maybe 2 to 5 that show up for our club shoots. When we start our shooting schedule in the spring I will be sure to post the shoots here and "invite a few guests". .....Which leads me to this.
    We usually have a decent turnout for the monthly trap shoot, but there is always room for more. The trap shoots are on the Sunday after the first Wednesday of each month. Shooting starts @ 1:00pm, $3 a round. If any of you semi-local folks are interested let me know. It is a private club, but it is not a COUNTRY CLUB and guests are allowed. Never shot trap? Shotguns, ammo and help will be there!!
    Marshyhope Rod & Gun Club P.O. box 161 Federalsburg, Maryland 21632. Physical address is 3514 Houston Branch Road.
    Lock & load!!:party29:

Jeepman

Army, Infantry, 'Murica
    Oct 30, 2007
    .............. I'm a member of Marshyhope Rod and Gun. I have BRD (Black Rifle Disease). :party29:

Welcome from the treasurer of Marshyhope Rod & Gun Club!
    I don't recall seeing that jeep at the club? I hope you are one of the few people at the club that actually shoot. The lack of turn out at club shoots lead me to this group and the fun time at Delmarva Sporting Clays. It amazes me that out of 250 members we get maybe 2 to 5 that show up for our club shoots. When we start our shooting schedule in the spring I will be sure to post the shoots here and "invite a few guests". .....Which leads me to this.
    We usually have a decent turnout for the monthly trap shoot, but there is always room for more. The trap shoots are on the Sunday after the first Wednesday of each month. Shooting starts @ 1:00pm, $3 a round. If any of you semi-local folks are interested let me know. It is a private club, but it is not a COUNTRY CLUB and guests are allowed. Never shot trap? Shotguns, ammo and help will be there!!
    Marshyhope Rod & Gun Club P.O. box 161 Federalsburg, Maryland 21632. Physical address is 3514 Houston Branch Road.
    Lock & load!!:party29:

Hi Dave. Its been so long since I've been up to the range, I cant remember when it was. I think it was still cold out, it's been that long.

I like the Mashyhope range. Most times I'm the only one there and thats usually when I do my best shooting. The guys there are really laid back and many days I've spent more time shooting the bull than shooting the target.
    Here's a pic from last winter-

100_0777.jpg

Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    Cute Jeeps....:lol2: just kiddin!!! I miss my truck... I miss going wheelin in Georgia, there's SO many random trails that just disappear into the woods... I had to get rid of of my truck for something more practical up here... 8-11mpg is expensive up here when your driving about 40 miles a day JUST for work :mad54:

... now I have a little import.. its fun... but its not a lifted Super Duty

P1010012.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010027.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads