• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zanderx

Nov 1, 2011
    Halethorpe, MD
    Well since I can't seem to buy .223 at a decent price anymore I want to start reloading all my thousands of once fired brass. I usually shoot every weekend at AGC and plow through 300 rounds a trip so 20 bucks for a box of 20 rounds isn't my stein of beer.

So if anyone would be willing to show me the ropes and I can come over and watch, talk and take notes on equipment and process I would be happy to buy you some beer and give you some cash for your time.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    Offer up a couple boxes of small rifle primers and you'll have to beat away the offers. That's the only thing standing between me and a few hundred rounds. Seriously, the craziness has hit every where, not just Walmart's ammo isle.

wtildens

Jan 15, 2013
    I would love to learn about reloading. I live in southern maryland, and the i would be up for the deal above.
    Anybody local that can show me the ropes?

OrangeSpear

NRA Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Owings Mills
    im doing the same thing. I have been slowly gathering all the items needed to reload for while now.
    I got a Remington model 700 for Christmas. i chose .223 because it was cheap and plentiful. well not any more :( hopefully this will change in time.

I now have everything needed to reload. Missing 2 things. brass and knowledge.

I used to see seasoned reloaders on here offering up make shift classes on the basics of reloading from start to finish. I havent seen this for some time now.

OrangeSpear

NRA Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Owings Mills
    Projectiles, powder and small rifle primers. Good luck finding any of that. Especially 55gr FMJ BT :sad20:

I have been going to Bass Pro every Monday at lunch. I have been able to get primers, bullets (barnes TSX 53gr), powder. no brass.

and every time i have been there they have sold at least one AR15 bushmaster for less than $1200 while i was there. 3 weeks in a row now.

reynolds25

Jan 18, 2012
    Rockville
    Well since I can't seem to buy .223 at a decent price anymore I want to start reloading all my thousands of once fired brass. I usually shoot every weekend at AGC and plow through 300 rounds a trip so 20 bucks for a box of 20 rounds isn't my stein of beer.

So if anyone would be willing to show me the ropes and I can come over and watch, talk and take notes on equipment and process I would be happy to buy you some beer and give you some cash for your time.

I am in Rockville so not too far from you. If you give me some brass, or primers or powder in exchange for my time I will gladly help you out. Oh, and I won't turn down a beer.

Last edited:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Haha...I have dam near enough brass, bullets, powder and primer for 1k or so .308 but don't know wtf I'm doing haha. Same boat as OP.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I have the same question. I'm in hagerstown and would love somw help with this. I have the components just not the press.

Op let me know if you need any components know a few places that have them

No I just checked them... the honey hole still has honey!

Uncle Krunkle

Sep 29, 2010
    I always wanted to ask AGC range if they'd hold a workshop on reloading. I've been reloading for 2 years and could easily show anyone all the steps in an afternoon. If another experienced reloader was there then it'd be easier to teach more people at once. I'd also need someone that had different equipment. The stuff I own isn't common.

Reloading saves so much money, especially for match ammo. If you already have the brass then you can reload 1k of 5.56 55gr for about $210, to reload 1k of 75gr Hornady costs about $280.
    And reloading 9mm is cost effective since you use very little powder for each bullet.

The great thing about reloading 5.56 or 9mm is you don't have to crimp the brass (something I learned from E. Shell on here). It saves a lot of time. And 9mm and 5.56 brass is cheaper and more plentiful than other calibers. If there's enough demand then I'll offer to help teach a class at AGC. I'd only ask for a small donation for travel. I don't own a car, just rent them. If there's enough interest then I'll holler at AGC.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I have the same question. I'm in hagerstown and would love somw help with this. I have the components just not the press.

Op let me know if you need any components know a few places that have them

No I just checked them... the honey hole still has honey!

Stu, I'm in Hagerstown too... and just bought a press today. I need bullets if you know of a location that has .223. You're more than welcome to come use my press once everything is up and running. Just PM me if interested.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I always wanted to ask AGC range if they'd hold a workshop on reloading. I've been reloading for 2 years and could easily show anyone all the steps in an afternoon. If another experienced reloader was there then it'd be easier to teach more people at once. I'd also need someone that had different equipment. The stuff I own isn't common.

That would be a great thing to get your club to sponsor. I bet there are a few club members that could help with this.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Stu, I'm in Hagerstown too... and just bought a press today. I need bullets if you know of a location that has .223. You're more than welcome to come use my press once everything is up and running. Just PM me if interested.

Shoot me a pm I could pass along a source. Actually I forgor haven't got my dies yet either they are on backorder.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom