• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    If you rent a vacation home/rv/boat/cabin isn't that considered your "home" at the time and therefore loaded weapon ok, if so I am only guessing where you are staying that night "campsite" would be considered a rental property??

That is a question, IANAL

Mindbender

Jan 8, 2013
    Thanks so much for all the answers and discussion guys. I'll probably leave my ARs at home this go around. Looking forward to a fun weekend in your beautiful state.

Feb 28, 2013
    If you rent a vacation home/rv/boat/cabin isn't that considered your "home" at the time and therefore loaded weapon ok, if so I am only guessing where you are staying that night "campsite" would be considered a rental property??

The campground itself could have a policy against the guns.

But that would make me camp elsewhere.

Sure, he can come back from Ohio, go to the NRP headquarters, show them his receipts and retrieve his property. Or he can get a court order to return the guns to him. That would be a win, right ?

It's all great until some ninny at the campground gets a panic attack because she sees someone with a 'assault rifle'. Now the NRP officers are forced to 'do something'. I would take the receipt for the rifle with me if I entered marylandistan from out of state with a pre-october evil rifle.

And then he could sue the state for illegally confiscating his property...It IS the state's responsibility to prove the purchase date...He's from out of state where there is no law banning non HBAR rifles....why would he need to keep a bill of sale for a rifle that might have been purchased 30 years ago?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    He'll be in MD. Only needed to avoid the hassle of possibly being arrested in a state that bans possession if not possessed before 10-1-13.

other than that, no reason at all.

Last edited:

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009

Just to answer this, if the boat/RV is plugged in, connected to hookups it is a home. If it's disconnected ready to jump in and drive off, it's a vehicle.

IANAL :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom