• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckslugger

Jan 24, 2008
    I have an authentic civil war confederate sword with a leut name and other stuff engraved on it ....any ideas where to have it appraised and or sell it ...read an honest place or person...went to some shops years ago and they weren't to friendly about it ...but when I was working the gunshow circuit with silver ado a couple of gun appraisers told me it was def real

Thnx harv

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Harv.

There are more fake CSA swords than there are Carter's little liver pills. (come to think of it I haven't seen any Carters pills lately)

In order to rate the sword you must have PICTURES. (clear and sharp ones).
    The manufacturer's name, and date are critical as well as how they are engraved or stamped. A Civil War sword is worth from 25.00 to maybe $5,000 and up. (CSAs are the tops)

There are two dealers at the Dulles gun show who consider themselves experts. I cannot recall their names but they attend each show.

There is a guy named Mark who owns an antique store in Braddock Mountain, Maryland. (Near Frederick). He is an expert and a collector of swords and of Cannon.

His storefront is decorated with Dutch Merchantmen, Man of War and field artillery cannon. (These are his doubles or trade stuff).

Call ahead and make sure he is there and describe your sword to him. He is very helpful.

It may be called Braddock Mountain Antiques.

Stan

A genuine Kolt Peasmaker is worth about $20.00

buckslugger

Jan 24, 2008
    Thnx it's def real and the engraver and officers name are clear ...appreciate the help

Harv

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom